Chapter 1: Million Dollar Man

This is a Modern AU, sugar daddy and contains explicit sexual content in chapters 2 and 3. Background Clorivia (Clorinde x Navia).

Ages:

Furina: 28 
Neuvillette: 50

𐨿𐨿𐨿

When Furina hung up the phone, the smile faded from her face. With a frown, she opened her mouth, and gasps came out. Chest heaving, hands trembling. Her eyes were watery, but she couldn't cry! Or her make-up would smudge. No! Furina, focus, you don't have time to...

"Wh-what time is it?"

And to top it off, she was late!

"Great, great! Just great, this day can't get any worse...!"

A rumble echoed through the cloudy skies.

"Huh?!"

Furina watched open-mouthed as the rain began to fall. A rehearsal in half an hour, no car and a broken umbrella. It seemed as if the drops sliding on her reflection were mocking her luck, falling down what should be her cheeks.

She trembled with a frown and clenched fists.

"Stupid rent! If the flat's the same — why is it going up so much!" She sighed dramatically. Looking at the time on her phone again, she let out a groaning noise. "Whatever! Later. After work, I'll call the landlord and talk to him, because I can't afford this. What if we get kicked out, Mr. Whiskers?"

Her cat just looked at her curiously from the floor. She got a meow in response.

"I'll take that as a: go to work! Yes, I'd better, yes, yes..."

Closing her eyes, she did breathing exercises: Inhaling, holding for four seconds, exhaling and holding for another four. Even though she could feel her heart beating steadily, at least her lungs helped calm her down. Her hands moved automatically as her mind grasped at all the rationality towards adulthood that a woman in her twenties could muster. Well, as much as her dwindling job as an actress combined with the inevitable uncertainty of the cost of living in the city would allow.

After gathering everything, she slung her backpack over her shoulders and hurried out of her home. Shortly afterwards, she ended up sitting on the bus (miraculously, it passed by just as she arrived. Good luck, at last).

Despite her calm face, her stomach was still aching. It even seemed to dance with the heaviness in her lungs.

So what could she do? Find another job? Being an actress was suffering enough, even if it didn't pay much. Not only that, living alone, she had to take care of every household chore when she returned home. Giving up was not an option, as she had no family to return to. Nor did she want to be a nuisance to her (few) friends who lived abroad.

Looking out of the window, she saw her eyes water. Maybe listening to Lana Del Rey wasn't helping her at the moment. It was a double-edged sword in her headphones. It either calmed her down or plunged her into an even sadder trance. She skipped to the next one. Well, that one would do.

Before she locked her phone again, a message popped up on her screen. After a puzzled blink, she opened the chat group. She saw a laughing sticker accompanied by a picture. After resting her manicured thumb on it, she downloaded it. The image was an Instagram chat, and it read:

"I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are. I can pay you €4000 a week, and you won't have to worry about working anymore, babyg..."

Furina widened her eyes and stopped reading — of course, it was a spam message! Still, her eyes moved back to that weekly cash. Followed by that image were Navia's messages.