Nightmares

April, 2024
Aspyn: 11-years-old

Travis, Taylor and Aspyn were all home, now in the final weeks of Taylor's break before she set off touring again; however, this time, both Aspyn and Travis would be joining her on much of the tour. The small family of three all curled up on the sofa, watching Tangled for the millionth time. Taylor and Aspyn quietly sang along to all the songs, and Travis joined in when 'I See the Light' played.

As the movie ended, Aspyn, sleepily leaning on her mom, began to speak.

"Mama, you and Travvy are like Rapunzel and Flynn."

Both Taylor and Travis chuckled at the sleepy little girl tucked between them. Taylor kissed her daughter's head before whispering back to her.

"Does that make you, Pascal, then, Bubba?"

Aspyn sleepily nodded to her mom and then allowed herself to be picked up by Travis and taken to her bedroom to be tucked in. Taylor followed behind, as did Benjamin, who had a habit of sleeping in the girls' room.

Travis carefully placed the girl down, tucking her in bed before kissing her forehead and telling her good night, which caused Taylor to step forward and lay down next to her little girl for a little bit like they did every night. Travis left to get ready for bed himself.

Over the last few months, Travis fell even more in love than he thought was possible. He adored and loved Taylor with everything he had, and along with that, he fell in love with Aspyn as well. He adored the little girl as if she were his own; there had been multiple occasions where he had referred to both Taylor and Aspyn as 'his girls', and that was the truth to him. It was never possessive, but in a way that was fiercely protective of both of them; he knew that if they asked him to give up football, he would in a heartbeat. But he knew that neither of them would ever ask that of him. They were always there to support him, and cheer would be there to help him until the day he eventually retired.

By the time he had finished showering and getting ready for bed, Taylor entered their room. Travis could tell she was tired; she had been working relentlessly on both the double album release as well as the tour, and she was well and truly exhausted. But she finally had just a two weeks where she didn't have to worry about an album or the tour. Travis knew that she wouldn't stop working, she was always working; whether it was scribbling down lyrics, playing the guitar or piano or simply just humming to herself.

It was something Travis loved about her, however at the same time it worried him. He was worried that she would eventually burn herself out, and he didn't want that. He didn't what her to push herself past her limits for the sake of work.

"Are you alright, baby?" Taylor asked, looking at Travis, who seemed to be deep in thought.

"I'm okay Tay. Are you ready for bed?" He replied, looking at her while pulling back the covers to the bed.

"Mhmm," Taylor hummed in response, curling up into Travis once he had laid down on the bed. Both of them settling for the night.

———————————————

It was three am when Travis woke up to the sound of crying. His first instinct was to check on Taylor, however she was still sleeping. So he then sat up knowing it could only be one other person. And much to his surprise, the girl was standing in the door way of his and Taylor's shared bedroom.

Even in the dark he could see Aspyn shaking, so he carefully stood up, trying nit to disturb Taylor, knowing that she needed the sleep. He walked over to the girl who was clearly distressed, and clutching onto her rose coloured bunny and light purple dragon.