The Puja

They came back from their honeymoon  1 week before...

Chaudhary Family had fixed a Puja for Aayansh and Mahi. Their close friends and relatives were invited.

"Mahi? You're looking so lost. What happened?" Roop asked.
"Roop... I don't know what's wrong with me nowadays."
"About what, Mahi?"
"Aayansh Ji... I can't hate him like I used to do before."

Roop chuckled. Mahi looked at her with disbelief eyes.

"Maybe because you're falling for him?"
"Not in this lifetime!"
"We will see..."
"For now, just look at my devar ji, okay?"

Roop's eyes went on Aakansh, who was helping his mom.

"I'd... come to you later."

Roop left. Mahi giggled.

"What's the reason for your happiness, Rani Sa? Let me know so that I can reward it."
"Aayansh Ji? Aapne wo wale kurta nhi pehna jo papa Ji leke aaye the?"
"I... don't like white color."
"Lie."
"Fine, I don't wanna wear anything giver by them!"

Mahi sighed.

"They are your family, Aayansh Ji!"
"I... don't care. My only family is you."

She didn't say anything. Aayansh saw how beautiful she was looking in that pink saree.

"Aap aaj phirse gym to nhi jaa rhe hai?"
"If staying here means I can be with you, then I'd never step out."

"Aayansh beta... Mahi, come and sit. Puja will begin soon." Amvika said.

They went and sat beside each other. Aayansh was staring at Mahi while she was staring at the Idol of Krishna Ji. The Puja finished.

"Bhaiya... can we all eat together today?"
Aakansh asked.
"I am not hungry."
"Aayansh Ji, please? Just for today?"

Aayansh couldn't argue anymore. He just left a small sigh and sat with them.

Later at night

"Aapne bataya nhi tab aap utna khush kiu thi, Rani Sa?"
"Woh... Roop..."
"Your friend?? What about her?"
"Actually... she likes Devar Ji..."
"Tell her that'll be considered as forbidden in this family."
"What?? Why...?"

Aayansh chuckled before saying anything.

"Caste difference janti hai na aap?"
"But..."
"My parents are nice to you, I know. But they won't accept her."

Mahi stayed silent. She looked at Aayansh and found some colors on his fingers.

"Do you paint?"
"Uh... yes."
"I never saw you painting anything. Neither did you show me anything painted by you."
"Do you wanna see?"

She thought for d moments before nodding. He smiled and held her hand. Then, he took her to his study room. Mahi's eyes were on her forehead when she saw those paintings. All the paintings were her. There were almost 50 paintings of her. The one that was still on canvas was a picture of her in the snow.

"Aayansh Ji..."
"Don't ask me why there are only pictures of yours. I didn't find anything as beautiful to paint as you."
"Aap pagal hai..." 

He giggled. Mahi's eyes weren't on the paintings anymore it was fixed on Aayansh.

"Jab mere dil mai tufaan aata hai, tab aapke paintings banane se mujhe shanti milti hai, Rani Sa... aapse milneke pehle mai apni gussa, dukh, sab fighting krke,  boxing krke nikal ta tha... par jabse aapko dekha, uske zaroorat nhi padhta."

Mahi didn't know what to say. Whenever he talked like this, she could never think about hating him. She still didn't understand what was bothering him so much that he had to paint these many pictures of her.

"Why are there so many storms in your heart, Aayansh Ji?"
"You'll know when you'll look at me with love in your eyes. And Rani Sa, please... do not look at with pity. It hurts."

He smiled and left. She held her chest and looked at those paintings again. He is a good artist.

...........

"Bhabhi Sa, can I ask you something?"
"Haan devar ji."
"It's about your friend... I think... she likes me. But..."
"I'll tell her that... you are not allowed to love her. Don't worry."
"No bhabhi Sa... she will be hurt, nah?"
"She has to accept it, right?"

Aakansh looked sad. Mahi didn't try to give him any comfort, and when she was going to the bedroom, Devi stopped her.

"Di, I've to attend a party today. Can you give me some money to buy a dress?"
"How much?"
"10k."
"What?? Devi, are you serious? 10k for a dress?"
"OH... So this is a problem now? And what about you, huh? Aren't you getting luxurious gifts from your in laws, everyday?"
"Devi... why are you so childish??  You've multiple dresses Papa Ji bought  you when I got married!"
"They all are old now!"

Aayansh came home after his practice when he saw Devi arguing with Mahi.

"What's going on...?"
"Jija Ji! Look, di isn't giving me money to buy a dress... I've had a party today!"
"How much?"
"Only 10k."
"Rani Sa, you go... I'll give her the money."
"Look, jija Ji is so sweet, unlike you!"
"Devi! I wanted to tell you this before, do not talk to her like that!"

Devi shivered when he yelled at her. Mahi looked at him and felt that he got angry.

"I've sent you the money online. Now go from here!"
"Aayansh Ji, be calm..."

Devi left hurriedly. Aayansh looked at Mahi and closed his eyes, and took deep breaths.

"I don't know why don't you stand up for yourself!?"
"I..."
"She is younger than you. You can scold her!"
"Then she will tell mummy and mummy will scold me."

Mahi laughed a little before sighing.

"Asli pagal to aap lag rhe hai ab mujhe."
"What? You called me pagal? Seriously, Aayansh Ji?"

Mahi pouted and went to their shared bedroom. Aayanash chuckled when he saw her getting angry like that.

"I know how to calm your anger, Rani Sa."

He took out the chocolate box he bought for her before...

THANK YOU
I hope you liked it. Please do votes and comments.

Love y'all ❤️