Chapter 28 - Long night...

Start from the beginning

Suki murmured the last part and Gabriel couldn't avoid to smile. He was seeing himself more like a man than like a boy, but it was the way of thinking of an 11 years old girl. Just like the time she said that he was beautiful instead of handsome, reflecting her innocence. He patted her head affectionately.

Gabriel: Okay, but please be careful. A nurse should arrive soon, she will help you for every things that require a girl and not a boy.

Suki: Thank you.

The young man went to his own bedroom to take a shower too and wear comfortable clothes. After he was done, he stopped once again by Suki's bedroom and found his father waiting on the border of the bed, Suki was still in the bathroom.

Gabriel: She is not done yet?

Salvatore: No, and when I proposed my help, she refused! I am her father, why is she so against receiving my help?

Gabriel: Because you and I, we are "boys"... you understand, right?

Salvatore: That is what she said? (Gabriel nodded.) Raising a girl is not that easy...

Gabriel: She is clearly not comfortable with the opposite gender, and it is not to displease me... even if it means with us too. At least, she will not listen to the first fu**boy that will show up!

Salvatore: Don't mention that... I already know that it will be troublesome for me...

Suki: (She opened the bathroom door.) You... are still here? 

Despite her arm in a brace, she was able to refresh herself but not taking a full shower and even less, washing her hair correctly. She had put her night outfit, but the top was not well adjusted. 

Salvatore: You should have let me help you. (He readjusted the top.)

Suki: When the nurse will arrive, I will ask her to help me...

Salvatore: Your recovery is essential, please don't overwork yourself!

Suki: Yes... I don't want you to worry.

Gabriel: Let's have dinner and then, you will rest. It was a long day!

Suki followed her father and brother downstairs. Gabriel wanted to carry her once again, but the little girl insisted that she didn't need his help, that they were at home.

When the entered the dining room, food was displayed by the twins. They had ordered Asian foods after Enzo proposed it. Dante was not present, and Suki was wondering where he was, but the answer came quickly, he entered the room with his hair still wet and he was putting his t-shirt on him.

Dante: The food arrived? I'm starving!

Salvatore: Hum... you seem in a hurry effectively!

Enzo: Suki, we ordered Asian food from the best restaurant of the city. There is a bit of Chinese, Korean and Japanese too... and even Thai. We thought that it was good to change, what do you think?

Suki: That's a lot of food... (She sat next to him.)

Enzo: I don't think so... by which one do you want to start?

Suki: I like that Chinese dish... (She pointed at one of the dishes.)

Enzo: Okay... (He put food on her plate.) Do you want me to feed you?