Ch. 46 Final Day of the Most Beautiful Competition

Recap: Suki and her family have been in the Sakura tribe majorly filled with fox and crow beastmens. It's been two days so far since The Most Beautiful Contest began with females participating from the following Clans: Peacock, Panda, Bear, Leopard, Tiger, Fox, and Bat. At the end of the first day there was a major approval or say win for the female from the Bat Clan who showed her talent last with a chilling yet entrancing song with her Clan participating in the background. On the second day, the majority of the single male judges stood with the female representing the Bear Clan (A.K.A. Suki), who won them with her innovative 'bathing suit'. And now here we are, where Suki has to choose one or more of the suitors presented in front of her; The panda, fox, or tiger male.

Present:

It's not an obligation to choose a mate. I have a large family that honestly doesn't need another male despite how attractive the other single male may be. Yet, here lies the rationality of allies. For example, if I were to choose the tiger warrior, there's a chance that his tribe may fully accept my family's visit and our permanent stay one day (if we were to decide to move there). If I chose the panda, the trade for knowledge on how to make and or use their arts would be gained. And if I were to choose a fox, well, I've always had a thing for papa's Brent's fluffy tail.

On the negative side, if I chose the tiger, who may very well be blood related to the tigress, I'm going to end up being her 'sparring buddy'. For the fox, I'll have to see if he's pretending to be interested in being part of my family, and as for the panda. Well, there's really not anything outwardly negative about him.

Thus, yesterday the three were allowed to sit with my family in our little campfire. By doing so, it gave them and my family a chance to observe how each behaved. The tiger beastman immediately sat where my more alpha males ate. He ended up trying to make an obvious not so obvious competition with them by flexing on almost everything he's gotten a hold of. The panda beastman scoffed a few times, though mostly he stayed rather silent while giving me a few curious smiles. As for the fox beastman, his personality showed to be a total chatterbox.

Just by observation and by my males' reaction witnessing a few headbutts from said tiger male, I immediately took the testosterone filled beastman off the list since a family with an overly competitive alpha without a sense of boundary would only bring forth headaches and strife. And having boundaries is a must for a healthy relationship. For example, back in the Misty Eye Tribe it was clear to me that the norm for them is for the females, who are mothers, to have absolute control of their grown ass male cub. In other words, it was expected that said mother beast could enter freely to her son's new family and impose her own thoughts on them. Thankfully Tikvah's adopted mother beast did not think the same. If she did, believe me when I say a friendly boundary would be placed for Tikvah would not belong solely to her anymore.

Ahem, anyway, that left for the other two to have a quiet walk with me and with a few of my males stationed way behind us. To be honest, the panda beastman has an elegant beauty to him, and his voice, though masculine, was soft. So soft in fact, that he barely spoke but when he did my ears flicked to witness the male pointing to objects he considered interesting to paint. Which brought forth talk of his art and how he chooses what to paint and how. After a lengthy conversation of his techniques it was concluded that he chose me because he wanted to paint the female who helped in uniting the allies to battle against the Ape King. Flattering but also somewhat disappointing since his plan was to paint my adventures to which I coldly informed him that no such adventures would ever occur again. And yes, without that adventure I wouldn't have met Badrick, Tikvah, Keokuk, and my head male Tawa, but that trip was not for pleasure but to prevent any more hardships from the Ape Clan.

And so, the fox beastman whose name is Boomie became the last one of the three left. Since last night, my eyes have always followed the allure of his silky furry tail. On the other hand, I wasn't sure about being spoken to non-stop (I suppose some may like to constantly have a conversation buddy, but for me who has many males to give attention to and from that would not be ideal). To my surprise, when it was his turn to walk with me, it turned out to be a pleasant outing, especially after he confessed how a nervous tick of his was to talk non stop. The walk with him this morning felt smoother and after swimming in the nearby lake, he was more direct in stating his opinions such as why he chose me and what he felt he could bring to my family. Quietly, my more lay back males approved of him, while my more straight forward ones took him elsewhere for their own little test.