Chapter 1

AN - Just added a couple of things to the end

Voldemort smiled cruelly as the Potters left their house not noticing him because of the strong notice me not charms that he casted. As soon as the elder Potters were gone he took of the wards and walked to the house before entering the house quietly. Voldemort had studied the wards and knew exactly what each of the wards was, one of them was a alarm that will go of as soon as any powerful foreign magic is casted, so he moved quickly and silently using no magic to ensure his success. Stopping at the staircase, Peter Pettigrew was waiting for him. “Master, the twins are in their room.” Peter Pettigrew said and quickly lead Voldemort to the room in which the twins were.

The closer Voldemort got the more he felt his own body fighting and struggling to follow his instructions. They came to a stop in front of a brown door. Finally an exhausted Voldemort entered the twins room and sneered as it was decorated with bright reds and golds with lions all over. ‘Typical Grifindoor’s’ Voldemort taught to himself. Wanting to get things done and over with he moved to the crib in the corner. Pettigrew quickly told him their names Harold Potter and Alaric Potter. Voldemort first looked at Alaric he looked just like his blood traitor of a father, black messy hair and brown eyes, but he was chubby and was more round. Voldemort scanned his core and saw he was more powerful than your average baby but he dismissed it as he couldn’t be his equal. However when he looked at Harold  it was more like looking at a Black than at a Potter, he had clearly inherited the Black genes from his grandmother. Harold had silky black hair that shined Auburn under the light, pale skin and a lean form with sharp facial features but what caught Voldemort of guard was his eyes. They were a dark Avada Kedavra green and shined with power.

Voldemort didn’t doubt that this was the one of the prophecy but he scanned the kids core, his eyes widening at the results. Looking at the child he realised that the kid wasn’t scared or crying like his brother, but has crawled in front of his brother protectively and was glaring at him. However it felt more like he was glaring through him at his soul. Without a second thought he raised his wand and said the killing curse but looked on in shock as he felt a part of his soul leave his body and entered the child and right before his eyes the spell stopped halfway and shot back at him. Voldemort was frozen in place and couldn’t react in time as the curse hit him straight in the chest. His body disappeared leaving a dark shadow in its place that fled the wreck that was a house.

Pettigrew quickly grabbed his masters wand and cloak hiding it away before covering his track. Casting spells all over to make it look like there has been a fight before wiping part of his wands spell history and using his masters wand to cast a delayed knock out charm on himself and putting away his masters wand as he passed out. Through all of this Harold’s keen eyes observed everything as he held his brother to soothe him and heal the lightning bolt scar on his forehead. Ignoring his own wound that stained his shirt and dripped onto Alaric’s shirt. Only a couple of seconds later Dumbledoor stormed in seeing the wreckage and Peter on the floor he knew the rat betrayed the Potters but he won’t say a thing. He looked at the twins and saw Alaric’s scar and immediately dubbed him the boy-who-lived before he scanned both twins cores seeing that Alaric had more magic and Harold was a squib he made his choice. Dumbledoor grabbed Harold and disappeared right before the Potters ran into the room.

That was the night Dumbledoor made a grave mistake he named Alaric the boy who lived and took Harold away to his muggle relatives and declared him dead. When he went back he told the Potters that Harold’s name was removed from the book right after the alarms went off. Harold James Potter was dead and everyone griefed for him even when the next day the papers was full of articles worshipping the boy who lived Alaric Bruce Potter. They buried an empty coffin but two refused to believe it, to everyone Harold James Potter was dead but for two he was missing. As everyone went on and celebrated Voldemorts defeat. Harold  was all but forgotten.

When everyone celebrated the boy-who-lived’s second birthday no one thought about Harold, who was crying under a staircase in a broom cupboard bleeding as he had mentioned his parents, and for punishment for mentioning those freaks, his uncle gave him a beating as he kept screaming that his freakish parents were dead and they had to look after him and his freakishness. Harold  knew then to stay silent as if he talked he will just receive another beating and every night he wished for his parents to come get him as he knew they weren’t dead and after every beating he cursed the old man who took him away from his home and left him in this personal hell. However he heard a soft pop and suddenly a box’s appeared before him. Opening it quickly he found a bag. Harold curiously looked inside and found some nice pajamas, a pack of cookies, a stuffed white wolf, a soft pillow and nice clothes. He placed the pillow on his bed and was surprised to see that it looked like the old pillow he had. Smiling he put on the pajamas and it did the same. Taking the cookies he ate one and he felt warm all over and when he looked down he saw his cuts healing. Putting the rest of the cookies back in the bag, he hid the bag behind the wall in a hidden alcove he had built. Before he went to bed he said a soft thank you to whoever gave him the gift. That night he went to sleep nice and warm with a teddy and a good pillow.

In another house two people were somberly celebrating Harold’s birthday before they went and sat in a chair going over different documents and records searching for any sign of their missing godson wanting to find him and bring him home. They refused to believe that he was dead until they found a body or solid proof as they themselves had went and snuck a look at the book that showed all accepted students and there was his name Harold James Potter. That proved that Dumbledoor was lying and knew where the kid was and had hid him on purpose but of course nobody listened to them so they stopped being friends with them. Suddenly the fireplace roared to life and a pale man with blond hair and blue eyes, stepped out of the fire. “I have found a way to send Harold a birthday present or just any object in general.” He said making the couple smile. One of them jumped up and gave him a hug. “Thank you Arcturus.” She whispered before quickly getting the present she and her lover had prepared. Stepping back into the room she put down the box. Arcturus magically sent the present to the Harold wherever he was. They were all hoping that it would not be needed but wanting to be careful and not trusting Dumbledoor they sent it anyway. “Here’s the book about the spell. Now I have to go before Cepheus comes and get me. We will visit you tomorrow to help with the research.” Arcturus said as he handed the one woman a book. “Thank you Arcturus. I can’t wait to see you and your husband again.” The other woman said in greeting before the he disappeared in the flames again. The two lovers looked over the spell and started working on a spell that can send a person to another person and not just a object like the one they had used right now. The couple retired early hoping they could start early the next day before they go to work. Smiling sadly at the photo on their cupboard they went to sleep with new dedication.