I looked at Arshed. He looks defeated, confused, and worried now. His eyes were looking for any clue for the reason of why I am acting like this now.

“I...” I blew a loud breath to calm down. “I'm thinking... now that I am able to walk now, I can take care of myself already. I can go to my check up alone—”

“Of course not. You can't go to your check ups alone. I am here. I will accompany you wherever you want to go. So why would you go alone?” putol ni Arshed sa akin kaya bumuntonghininga ulit ako.

“I know that you can accompany me anytime. And I am thankful for that, Arshed. I really do.” I bit my lower lip and looked at my hands that are now busy pinching each other under the table.

Nanatiling tahimik si Arshed, so I looked at him again at nagpatuloy.

“I appreciated all your efforts and time you spent for me. I really, really do,” seryoso kong saad. “I don't know if I can be where I am right now if it wasn't because of your help.” I lick my lower lip again, kinakabahan—nasasaktan. Halo-halo ang nararamdaman ko ngayon pero nagpatuloy pa rin ako.

“But you have your own life, Arshed. You can go back to your old life now. You can go back to your family now. I am good already. I can take care of myself alone... all thanks to your help.”

Arshed scoffed. He let out soft groans and licked his lips frustratedly.

“Well, news flash, Captain. I don't want to go back to my old life without you. I don't want to go back to my family without you. I don't want to have my own life without you. I want you... all of you. I want you to meddle everything I do. I don't want a life without you. Because that life would be a waste, Captain... without you in my life it would be a waste.”

Hindi ako umimik. I'm still trying to process everything he said. I want to understand why he insisted that when there is someone waiting for him to come back. Why would he want me if there is already someone who owns him? Why would he want me in his life when he shouldn't be.

“Why would you want me to go back to my old life now, Carae? Don't you want me to be in your life anymore? Don't you want me to stay with you? Because I want you, Captain.” Arshed let out a frustrated sigh.

Nanatili akong tahimik. Naglalayag pa rin ang isipan ko sa kakaisip.

“Hayatımı seninle yaşamayı çok istiyorum Carae.” (I want to live my life with you, Carae.)

My heart jumped when Arshed held my chin to level our sight.

His eyes scream so many emotions that I can't name. And I was just stunned watching his eyes, trying to convey every emotion he has.

“A-Arshed...” My voice croaked. “H-How about... Hexy? H-How about your... g-girlfriend?” Finally, I was able to uttered the last word with my shaking voice.

Agad nagsalubong ang mga kilay ni Arshed dahil sa sinabi ko. He obviously don't expect that I will asked him that. Maybe he's just trying to divert my attention to that.

“Hexy and I broke up a long time ago, Carae. She was my girlfriend, yes, but that was a long time ago. We broke up because she chose someone else over me. And we will never get back together again,” malumanay na paliwanag ni Arshed.

Pero hindi ko pa rin magawang maniwala. I heard him talking to her earlier, and even arranged a dinner for them. They will have a dinner date later.

I want to ask him that, pero nakakahiya na iyon para sa akin. I don't want to look more stupid for saying that, because he’ll probably realize that I listened to their conversation, though, it was an accident.