chapter: 37

Author

"Mom?!"

Both of them stared at her in horror. They truly did not expect a visitor in this hour.

"H-hey, Mom!" Beomgyu stuttered and scratched the back of his head. "You're here." He laughed awkwardly.

Again, meet Beomgyu's mom, Chaewon. She decided to pay the two a visit at their apartment since she noticed the two haven't been visiting due to conflict in schedules and she wanted to see them.

So here she is standing outside their apartment door with a wide smile in her face, happy to finally see both her son and Ryujin, of course.

"Ah, my two favorite children! I missed you both." Chaewon approached them, gave them a tight hug.

Still shocked, they both laughed awkwardly as they looked at each other while their necks are both encaged in Chaewon's arms.

Ryujin raised her brows at him. "What's going on?" She asked, without uttering a word.

Beomgyu signalled an "Just go with it." before Chaewon let them go.

"What are you guys up to? Were you two busy?" Chaewon scanned both of them. Beomgyu and Ryujin looked at each other. Remembering the events prior to her arrival.

"Oh, not at all Auntie! HAHA. Please come in." Ryujin opened the door for her as she stepped inside, slightly shoving Beomgyu to the side.

Beomgyu looked at her confused, as he was the one who closed the door before following them to the living room.

"This is the first time I've been into your apartment decorated like this." Chaewon roamed her eyes around their humble apartment. "It must be so hard to keep this place neat considering my son is around." She said as Ryujin laughed at her statement.

"I heard that!" Beomgyu crossed his arms.

"It sure is." Ryujin whispered to her as they quietly chuckled.

"Auntie, do you want something? Like tea or coffee perhaps?" Ryujin asked her as she watch her sat down on one of the couches.

"Thank you, dear but I'm fine." Chaewon assured the girl as Beomgyu remained stood behind Ryujin.

"Did you guys have dinner?" Chaewon suddenly asked, clasping her hands while looking at the two.

Ryujin raised her brows and was about to say something when she heard Beomgyu snort behind her, stiffing his laugh. Not this dinner thing again-

Ryujin nudged his chest as he winced in pain, smiling sweetly at Chaewon. "We haven't had dinner yet, Auntie." She replied to her in which she nod at.

"Great!" Chaewon clapped her hands and stood up to walk towards the kitchen.

That left them confused but once she walked past them, Ryujin turned around and gave Beomgyu a threatening glare.

"What?" Beomgyu asked.

Her eyes landed at his neck as she mentally cursed herself. I knew this was a bad idea.

Beomgyu noticed her staring at his neck as he smirked. "You started it, didn't you?"

"Shut up." Ryujin hit his arm. "I didn't know Auntie would drop by today!" She whisper-shouted as he chuckled because of her being shy. Ryujin noticed his unfazed reaction as she widen her eyes.

"You-" She pointed at him. "You knew Auntie would come didn't you?" Ryujin blinked her eyes at him as he scratched the back of his head.

"I kinda uh forgot to tell you..?" Beomgyu laughed awkwardly while her eyes were shooting lasers at him.