One moment he is gazing at me and next second his arms get wrapped around my shoulders.

Rahil envelopes me in a warm and tight embrace, crushing my body completely against his.

I stood frozen in place, my hands resting motionlessly at my sides.

The clean scent of his body wash filled my lungs, causing my eyes to shut on their own.

His presence, his touch, his smell, everything overwhelms me so much that I feel the need to cry my heart out.

And It was then that I realized just how insanely I had missed him.

He holds me even closer, inhaling my neck deeply, as if trying to absorb me completely into him.

"Please just once tell me that you're okay." he breathes out against my neck.

No Rahil. I'm not okay. I'm really not okay at all. I missed you so much.I'm sorry for not answering any of your texts or calls. I truly am sorry.

I want to pause this moment here and never want to resume it ever again. I want to be in your arms, I want to be with you, always.

I want to engrave you into me so deep that no one could ever take you away from me. I want to be by your side, always.

I love you so much that it had started to ache physically. I love you Rahil. I love you so much that I don't recognise the person I have become.

I want to scream all these words loudly but not a single sound escapes my throat.

" stay away from Rahil. Leave him! Or else I'll do it for you. I'll end him. I'll take him away from you, and no one will be able to stop me from doing so, not even you."

Rose's words echoes in my head and then keeps fucking echoing like a broken record from a horror movie, until I push Rahil away harshly.

The shock, disbelief, and hurt that crosses his face make me want to slap myself hard.

I want to protect you Rahil. I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you.

But aren't you doing exactly that right now?

My heartbeat accelerates to an abnormal level and my breathing becomes charged.

"what's..wrong?"

Rahil asks, his voice filled with cautious concern.

Summoning all my courage, I close my eyes, taking a moment to gather myself for the harsh words I'm about to throw his way.

"Exactly what's fucking wrong with you?" I snap.

"Why are you being so clingy and annoying? Can't you give me some space and let me stay at my best friend's place for a while? You're suffocating me. And why the heck do you keep asking if I'm alright? Can't you see that I'm perfectly fine? I can't believe you're acting worse than some clingy toddler." I manage to say it all in one breath, surprised that my voice didn't crack.

Rahil looks at me, his eyes filled with utter shock and disbelief, as if he didn't expect this at all. He looks at me as if can't believe his own ears.

He looks at me as if he's seeing me for the first time, as if he doesn't recognize me.

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

He swallows visibly, his gaze fixed on me. After a moment, he lowers his head and mutters, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be clingy and annoying. I didn't realize I was suffocating you." It takes every ounce of strength to hold back the sob threatening to escape.