Yashasvi blinked. “You guys are so weird.”

Ishan shoved him onto one of the beds before tossing a pack to him. “I shouldn't be doing this,” he mumbled to himself, looking down at the drink in his hand.

“Live a little, will you?” Ishan said as he sat beside the boy.

“What would you have done if you lost?” Yashasvi asked pointedly.

Ishan grinned. “Raided the whole pantry.”

“Is it a crime to be serious here?” Yashasvi whined.

Rishabh chuckled. “Maybe you should rephrase the question. Ish, what would the old you have done if we lost?”

Ishan sighed, rubbing his neck. “I would have practiced until I passed out, I guess.”

Yashasvi sparked up at that. “So, why do you stop me?”

“Because you are not a robot, Yashasvi. You are a human and a human deserves rest. Whether you win or you lose, sometimes all you can do is let it go.”

Yashasvi spoke after a pause, “What after that?”

"After that... you practice until your limbs fall off, silly!" Ishan laughed, smacking him again. "But not now. Not when you've just lost and you feel like the worst person alive.”

Yashasvi blinked. “Alright,” he muttered in a small voice. He didn't know how else to respond to just being ripped open apart by someone who didn't even know him.

Ishan grinned, tousling Yashasvi's sweaty hair before recoiling. “Ugh, gross! You need a shower. Right now.”

“He’s a stinkball,” Dhruv chuckled. “He always works out at night and crashes just like that.”

“Let's throw him into the fountain tomorrow,” Rishabh quipped happily.

“Why, you’re a genius, Rishu!” Ishan giggled. Yashasvi rolled his eyes, silently sipping his drink. 

“They are fun, aren't they?” Dhruv nudged him with a wide grin.

“We are the most fun!” Ishan exclaimed, grinning as well.

Yashasvi looked at both the boys, beaming like idiots. “Too bright, I’ll go fucking blind,” he grunted to himself.

The two sunshine boys exchanged a confused glance, while Rishabh chuckled, nodding his head. “I know, right?”

What an odd bunch of people. He wished he could play against them once again. Too bad they were graduating in a few months.

Shubman was pissed. Ishan had stayed out the whole night. Wasn't it just a date? Did they sleep together? Couldn't Ishan have at least informed him? Shubman had even built a pillow fort for them to watch Star Wars together. He ended up getting smacked by Rohit for stealing his pillows because Shubman needed more.

He had planned to leave later in the day, but when Ishan didn't show up by morning, he packed his bags and joined his teammates. He felt petty enough to drop a few texts.

Shubi
seriously?
the least you could do
was see me off.
im so fucking mad at you ishan.
don't you dare call me.

Ishan read the texts from the notification bar after slipping into his room once Shubman had left. He sighed upon seeing the messy attempt at making a pillow fort. Next to it was an untouched parcel of cake where it was written, "Congratulations for winning!"

Ishan did feel a little guilty, but he was nervous to face Shubman for some reason. He checked the time, cursing quietly when he realized he had planned to meet Aditi outside her dorm.