CH: 14

Shubman was annoyed at the very least, if his puffed cheeks and scowl were anything to go by.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Yashasvi quipped, sparing him a sideways glance.

"Nothing," Shubman replied calmly.

Yashasvi concluded that it was, in fact, something. But he couldn't be bothered to entertain one of Shubman's man-periods, especially when they had just lost the final. Nevertheless, he followed the boy's gaze to the skipper of Summit, who was being carried around, princess-style, by someone for some reason.

Yashasvi rested a comforting hand on Shubman's shoulder. "I will avenge you next year."

"Huh?" Shubman turned to him. "Oh. Yeah, of course."

Yashasvi continued to talk about the plans he already had for the next season, which Shubman would have liked to listen to, being the good senior he was, if his mind wasn't preoccupied by a certain giggly boy who seemed to be having way too much fun without him.

It was when their eyes met for the third time across the ground and Ishan swiftly averted his gaze that Shubman decided to stride over to him, leaving Yashasvi's mouth agape.

Yashasvi blinked at the retreating back. "The only person I can stand in this whole darn team is you," he grumbled to the person next to him.

"I know!" Dhruv beamed.

Yashasvi stared at his perpetually smiley friend. "Too bright," he mumbled, grabbing both of their kits before announcing a race to the dressing room.

Shubman stood unimpressed as he walked into Mayank demonstrating his bulking muscles by lifting Ishan for everyone to see.

"Ish, can we talk?" he called out rather loudly.

"Sure," Ishan replied, signaling for Mayank to put him down. Mayank brushed off the tension in the air and chased after Abhishek to lift him up too, much to the other's embarrassment.

"What's up?" Ishan asked once they were a few yards away from everyone.

"You tell me what's up," Shubman's pout returned. "You say you missed me, and then you go around hanging out with others. Shouldn't you give me all your attention after, oh I don't know, THREE YEARS?"

Ishan suppressed a smile, clearing his throat. "But we've been meeting for a while now, Shubman."

"Don't call me that!" Shubman exclaimed, smacking his ass.

"Oi," Ishan hissed. "You've grown so-!"

Shubman smirked, leaning in closer. "Big?" he whispered.

"Perverted!" Ishan huffed. Shubman giggled as he draped an arm around the boy, grinning from ear to ear when the other didn't push him away.

"Ishhh," he drawled.

"Hm?"

"Spend the night with me."

Ishan shot him an amused look. "To do what?"

"Anything," Shubman wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Ishan stared at him until both of them bursted out laughing.

"I'm serious," Shubman whined. "We haven't cuddled in ages!"

"Grown ass man," Ishan muttered, rolling his eyes.

"What, am I too old for your affection now?" Shubman shot him those irresistible puppy-dog eyes.

Ishan sighed. "Shubi, I'm rooming with Mayank-"

Shubman scowled, crossing his arms. "Oh, you can't stay away from your new best friend for one night, is that it?"