[ prologue ]

a sim jaeyun fanfiction

by enrchives

"And I won't confess that I waited,
but I let the lamp burn."
- peter, taylor swift

────────────────────

First love.

In the grand theater of life, this phrase is often adorned with romanticized imagery—a gentle zephyr, harmonious symphonies, rhythmic waves caressing the shore, fragrant blossoms, and the warmth of tight embraces. It's a canvas painted with every delightful hue.

Yet, Nam Eunji finds this association deceptive as it only highlights the positive aspects. No one talks about the repercussion it leaves behind. The closest comparison she could get for it was...

...a boomerang.

A boomerang that keeps returning to leave her wounded anew.

Nobody warned her about how she had to take up the gauntlet to fight for a love that she thought would effortlessly come to her.

:

To love someone seemed plain sailing
to Sim Jaeyun. He believed that people glorified the word when it could be
used in a much broader context.

He held his peace when his companions
talked about their first love because he
believed it to be a fleeting emotion,
clearly an irrationality of teenage years.

Not until...

he becomes a prisoner of his own testimony.

Getting the first whiff of romance instantly
made him realise why people yearned for it.

But if he's not mistaken, first love is
considered a beautiful tragedy by many.
A promise of youth until the rose-tinted
glasses are snatched away by adulthood.

────────────────────

C A S T

Sim Jaeyun, as himself

Nam Eunji,portrayed by @/y_0ju on ig

Nam Eunji,
portrayed by @/y_0ju on ig

&

Jiha : Jaeyun's sister
Hyejin : Eunji's sister
Minjae : Eunji's brother

and Enhypen

Additional characters may be added
in the future chapters

────────────────────

DISCLAIMER

This is a fanfiction, therefore all events and occurrences in this book are fictitious and part of my imagination. Any resemblances to actual life events and people, living or dead, are all purely coincidental.

i. The story will be written in third person pov.
ii. The real age of certain characters in the story will be altered.
iii. Images used in the story are sourced from Pinterest unless stated otherwise.

────────────────────

Author's note 💌:
We're just going to turn over a new leaf and pretend the prologue hasn't been written from scratch 'multiple' times.

Guilty as charged, but indecisiveness and perfectionism is a deadly concoction which I have no control over. I've finally decided to stick to this plot, you have my word.

Signing off with a big thank you to all the readers. I hope you're just as excited as I am to unfold this new journey :)