Blurb

30/7/2264 Article: The Launch to Colonize Proxima Centauri B

The 30th of July is the day humanity takes its first great steps into the galaxy. The Ruta 40 fleet, the first ever colony designed fleet, funded and led by the Confederation. Will take its maiden voyage to establish a permanent colony beyond the cradle of the solar system.

The Ruta 40 fleet, led by Admiral Nelson Arison himself, is comprised of over 30 newly designed ships, all of them carefully connected to each other through a series of docking and adapter mechanisms for the long journey to Proxima Centauri. Designed as the most luxurious fleet in history, built with plenty of comfort and entertainment for the noble passengers on their long journey, along with all the resources needed to start a brand-new civilization on a new world. This ambition no doubt at the forefront of all of their minds as they make their way through String-Space.

The Ruta 40's state of the art systems are all run by its brand-new Artificial Intelligence, Fermi. Not only capable of running the fleet's complex systems and keeping the crew and passengers comfortable but is also capable of traversing the complex ever-changing paths of String-Space. A skill no human crew could ever hope to accomplish. And this AI has the vital task of guiding them all safely to the new world.

Sleek, fast, revolutionary. Who knows what our people will find out there in the depths of the cosmos! All we do know, is that it isa great day for all of mankind!