And I'll Smile Again 💔💕

Start from the beginning

A hand on his shoulder-

A hand on his shoulder?

Tommy falls back with a strangled scream, scrambling away from Dream the person as if he'd been burned by their touch. Dark red smears the grass by his sides.

"Oh my god, Tommy-"

That's not Dream's voice. Tommy- Tommy knows this person, and he knows (does he?) that they won't hurt him. He looks up, gaze stopping at a familiar collar, necktie decorating a split black-and-white throat.

Fuck.

"Uh... Hey Ranboo, funny seeing you here!" Tommy attempts at a lighthearted tone and fails miserably, his voice crumbling even as he speaks. The blonde manages to shift his gaze up just in time to catch Ranboo's expression grow even more worried.

"Did you... do this to yourself?"

Ranboo's voice has dropped to a near-whisper. He doesn't look mad, but Tommy still can't bring himself to reply so he looks to the ground instead of letting the other boy see his face for any longer. While he's not exactly sure what expression he's making, he knows it's not a good one.

"Tom-"

Tommy looks up with dull eyes. "Does it matter?"

"Of course it matters." Ranboo looks heartbroken, and guilt stabs at Tommy- sometimes it seems like he just can't stop hurting the people he loves. Despite his guilt, Tommy can't help the next question that tumbles from his mouth.

"Why?"

"Why?" Kneeling in front of Tommy, Ranboo gently, slowly puts his hand back on the younger boy's shoulder. "You matter, Tommy. I care about you- even if you don't believe that- and I really just- I really don't like seeing you hurt."

When Tommy fails to respond, Ranboo shifts slightly closer, eyes surveying the boy's downturned expression before eventually speaking again. "I really think we should check out those injuries of yours. Can you- please, come back with me to Snowchester? Me and Tubbo have healing stuff there."

"Okay." Tommy whispers after a pause, taking Ranboo's hand and letting him pull him to his feet as he stands.

"I'm- I'm going to try and teleport there, so get ready." Ranboo says, and with a flash and a puff of purple particles, Tommy finds himself in a new environment.

He stumbles when Ranboo begins walking forward again and the taller turns around, a concerned look flashing across his face. "Are you okay?"

Tommy nods and puts his foot forward, almost immediately falling into the snow when he takes his next step.

"Alright- Yeah, that's enough walking for you." Ranboo mumbles, suddenly scooping the blonde up in a bridal-style carry- Tommy can't even find it in himself to be alarmed, instead staring blankly at one of the ender hybrid's sleeves and tolerating the discomfort as he carries him in the direction of the house.

There's a faint hiss as the snow burns at one of Ranboo's ankles where the hem of his pants sits askew from kneeling on the ground and Tommy winces in sympathy at the noise, but the taller boy doesn't bat an eye at the sting as he trudges towards the house. He struggles slightly carrying Tommy up the stairs to the front door, but finally stumbles into the foyer.

"TUBBO!" Ranboo shouts, shooting Tommy an apologetic glance when he flinches at the noise. There's the rattle of a door closing upstairs, Tubbo emerging into the main room moments later.

"Hush, I just put Micheal to- Tommy!" Tubbo exclaims as his gaze finally shifts from his husband to the blonde, eyes catching on blood-smeared skin before turning helplessly to Ranboo. "What did he- is Tommy okay?"