{~ chapter 31 ~}

💌
Infinite
ft. coffee heartburns

 coffee heartburns

" Yeah, 있잖아 "

-

"Did Kabuki's bowl get filled before we came out?"

"His fat probably masses more than his bones and organs combined. I can hear the stairs creaking and wheezing everytime that furball's coming down, he'll be fine."

"Why are you always so bodyshaming when it comes to him..."

Y/n ended up getting hot chocolate instead of coffee, not wanting to stir and flip around the bed all night. She was originally going to choose a popsicle, but her dear caring company gave her a friendly reminder (a threat that made the poor part timer cashier question whether he was actually being genuine) that it was freezing outside, and that he had no plans on chasing her around the house with medicine again. It was dark now. The street lamps switched on, illuminating the cold streets. Only the distant sound of roaming cars a few blocks away and their footsteps and ambient noises filled the empty space around them. Y/n stuck her tongue out with a scrunched up face after accidentally tilting the cup too much and allowing the steaming liquid to rush into her mouth.

Neither noticed the pair of cobalt eyes lingering on her glistening lips parted to allow the tip of her tongue out in the cold air.

"..I heard you like the Ballerina and the Wooden Soldier." An awkward cough came from the side. The art teacher fluttered her lashes together, dumbstruck by the words that just crawled through his lips. Did he just initiate a normal conversation without starting with an insult or a deadpanned statement??? "I take that back. Shut up." "But I haven't said anything.."

"Your face says it all." He clicked, turning his face to the side. "Nevermind that. Your shoe choice is atrocious." Y/n looked down and her jaw dropped.

Since she rushed to exit the house without thinking, on her left foot laid a worn black slipper with her bare foot out for the world to see. Meanwhile, the other was standing on a crisp white sneaker recently taken out of the shoebox. Sweatdropping, she jogged slightly to catch up with her roommate who had already moved up five steps ahead. "I'm honoured that you're so interested in me to notice such detail~"

"The cashier was staring at you like you were high while we were at the shop earlier."

"...Where's the nearest highway."

Pft.

Y/n glanced to her side. Under the warm yellow hue of the street lamp, his pale skin glowed like a makeup advertisement model. Scratch that— he looked... Divine. The corner of his lips ever so slightly tilted upwards to the darkening sky above, a hand shoved in his sweatpant pocket and the other holding a steaming cup spreading an earthy aroma to her direction. "You should smile more."

➜  " 𝐍 𝐎 𝐓 𝐄 𝐒 "    𝐑. 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐞On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara