{~ chapter 23 ~}

💌

We're all mature adults
ft. kabuki over humans

" 왜 자꾸만 널 가두려 하는건지 "

-

"I highly doubt this is a good idea."

"Come on, pleaseee??" Hu Tao clasped her hands together and whipped her head down into a bow. Cyno sweatdropped and peeked into the teacher's lounge once more. There were four people in the room. Y/n, Scaramouche, Beidou— and a pink haired teacher he didn't recall meeting before. It was still relatively early, and each teacher was minding their own business before the day started. "Do you really want to make everyone else watch those two stare at each other with gooey eyes for any longer?"

"Tao.. Let's not pressure mr. Mahamatra too much." Nilou added with a nervous curve of her lips. The silver haired teacher sighed in defeat, adjusting his glasses. "Most teachers know of the plan except for ms. L/n and mr. Raiden so you shouldn't have any misunderstandings. Now to and save the day!!" The brunette pumped a fist up.

Cyno silently prayed for his life while entering the excessively large room that felt even more larger today with the Liyue student's insistence. Without even reminder, the two students by the door quickly disappeared somewhere to not get discovered. The moment the toe of his footwear touched the ground, he could feel a stinging gaze on him that lasted a good two seconds. He didn't know the reason for, but the calculus teacher in Inazuma seemed to have something against him ever since— he didn't even know.

"Morning Cyno!" A chirpy voice greeted by the coffee machines. "Morning." He greeted back. Beidou and Yae glanced at each other, before the pink haired woman smirked and arose from her seat on one of the couches by the window. "I'll head out to get ready for my first period's exam. Have a lovely morning ~" She announced before disappearing through the door. Cyno gulped subtly upon feeling a piercing gaze meeting his own before the taller teacher subtly brushed against his shoulder and walked out.

Y/n opened a packet of sugar from the bowl, carefully tapping the contents into her cup filled with steaming brown liquid. Cyno grew slightly concerned upon seeing at least six more empty packets that were tossed into the trash before that one. "Coffee?" She offered. He cleared his breath. "That would be nice. And that reminded me." She grabbed another cup and held it under the machine. "Do you know why the coffee called the police?" Y/n turned to him with a knowing smirk.

"Because he was mugged."

Both spoke at the exact same time. Cyno suppressed a smile while the other teacher stifled with laughter. "Psh.. I saw that one somewhere." She chuckled. "You better not make fun of coffee jokes. Or else you'll get roasted." That was her last strand before she covered her mouth with a free hand and made a poor attempt to swallow down her laughter.