(BOOK 2) Chapter 8

Chapter 8

It’s been 3 months since I got La’Shyra back and things have been going great. Today I was going to go and pick La’Shyra up from her nursery.

 “I’m gone yeah D?”

“Cool.” I opened the door and stepped outside the house. I made my way towards the nursery with my headphones in.

But I was born a champion
but I was born a champion

Ok, no one wants to help, I guess you're on your own
Build the foundation with the bricks they've thrown.
In a black and white world true colours show
Change if you want, everybody grows

And life's like an ill, but try an' get a hold
Opinions ain't facts take 'em in an' let 'em go
You made me who I am
From the words you said

(Chipmunk ft Chris Brown- Champion)”

That’s when I started thinking about me and De’Andre. We were now on a talking basis, but that was only when he was actually at home. This was only on Sundays.  He was either at a rave or at work.  I kissed my teeth.

“Look at me now, I’m getting Paaapuuurr. (Chris Brown ft Busta and Lil Wayne- Look at me now)

I took my headphones out, turnt the music off and put my phone away.

I walked into the nursery to see La’Shyra pushing some girl. I shook my head and walked up to them.

“La’Shyra what are you doing now?” I pulled the two girls apart.

“Nothing Kadeem.” I looked at her slowly as if to see if she was lying “Nothing mummy, she was just being stupid, so I had to show her whose boss...”

“Yeah course...Where’s Renee?”  I asked, she was staying at ours for abit.

“She’s over there.” Renee ran up to us. I hugged her.

“Hmm whats your name sweetie?” I asked the little girl

“Sa’Vannah” She said while looking around.

“Beautiful name love, who you waiting for.”

“My daddy, his names Damari and he’s this tall” She pointed up, I laughed.

“Wooow, very tall.”

“Who’s tall?” I heard a very deep voice. I turnt around slowly to see the most beautiful, human, honey, shordy in my life! I stood up and straightened my clothes smiling. Wooow.

“Hmm nothing...”

“Argh, thanks for looking after Sa’Vannah for me. Work...”

“You must be Damari Sa’Vannah’s dad? Kadeem” He nodded. “No problem...”

“Oh so you’re the famous La’Shyra mum yeah?”

“Uhm yeah? What’d she do now?” I said while sighing.

“Ha, nah nothing. Sa’Vannah talks about her all the time. Sa’Vannah’s having a sleepover next month, La’Shyra and Renee should come.”

“Yeah, I should go now...” I said while rubbing my stomach.

“I’ll drop you if you want...” He offered.

“Really? Thanks.2

We made our way to his car. Once we got in he put the radio on.

He started singing along to Usher- Daddy’s home.

“Now all my ladies say Hey, hey, hey daddy.” He had a voice on him.

“Hey, hey, hey daddy.” I sang. He smiled.

“You have a voice still b.”

“Thanks so do you.” I smiled.

“Well, you know.” He laughed. “Left or right?” He asked referring to which road to turn onto.

“Right.” He nodded and turnt onto the road. He stopped outside my house.

“Thank you so much,” I opened the door and got out. I let La’Shyra and Renee out.

“Miss Kadeem, drop me your digits please?” I took his phone out his hand and typed in my number into his phone.  “Thanks, I’ll chat to you later yeah.”

 I nodded “Bye Sa’Vannah.”

“Bye bye.”

I walked towards the door when I got a ping, I checked it.

De’Andre says: Kadeem baby, I know I’ve been acting dodge lately, but I’m sorry. I’ve been stressed lately with work etc. But yeah....Forgive me yeah?

I smiled and put my phone away while opening the door.

“Pizza?”

“YESS!”  La’Shyra and Renee screamed.

I nodded and started for the kitchen.

**

Loving Damari already J

Thoughts on the chapter?

Comments likes

x