ii. Mi Amor {1}

A/N: Sahari's lesbianism is a journey so in ii she only sees herself as a tomboy bc technically that's all that she is. She's also still heavily in the church so she's gonna be a tad bit homophobic. Please don't be too mean or extra ignorant. Thank you and enjoy :)

_________
Omniscient.
Friday,
January, 2015.
Home 📍
Soulswin, Laanville.
________________

Age 18

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP 5:00 Am.

Sahari kept her eyes closed as she hits the snooze button and turned to her side. When it goes off again 5 minutes later she slowly raised up. She faced straight with her eyes still closed as she internally fights her sleep.

Then she feels her golden retriever's paw on her hand and she slowly opened her eyes. "I'm up Shine" she rasped, rubbing the top of their fury head.

She gets out of the bed and goes to pee. After she lets Funshine out from the back door, she brushed her teeth. Then put on her sweat pants and hoodie while the dog ate.

She grabbed his leash, her house keys and her iPhone 6.

After locking the door she stretched in the driveway and it woke her up. "Ready girl?" She mumbled as she puts on her baby blue headphones, her left ear not fully covered. She opened YouTube and goes to her gospel playlist. Before she pressed play she said a prayer in her head. Thanking God for waking her up and asking for protection over her and her dog, like she did before every morning run.

"Amen" she took a deep breath and tightened her grip on the leash. She pressed play and began to jog.

You Alone Are God by Marvin Sapp now playing.

"There's no question of Your greatness
No searching of Your power
All the wonder of Your glory
To You forty years is but one hour
Your knowledge is all encompassing
To Your wisdom there is no end
For You alone are God
You are God alone..."

6:30 Am. Home 📍

Walking back into the house, she washed her hands then grabbed a water out of the fridge. Jayla was standing behind the door making Sahari jump. "I do that every morning and you still fall for it" Jayla giggled while Sahari chugged the water.

"Do you want me to make you something while you shower?" "Egg sandwich please" Jayla nodded and Sahari went to her bathroom and started the shower. She grabbed the hanger with her uniform on it out of the closet and sat it on her bed then started to undress.

After she showered, lotioned up, and put on her school uniform she took off her durag. She swooped her edges into her cornrows.

She grabbed her stuff then walked into the kitchen and heard Juno and Jayla talking. "You can wait, this is hers" then a giggle. "Eww it's too early for this" Sahari mumbled, slight disgust in her face. "You want some too?" Juno asked, walking up to her and before she could escape he pulled her into him and kissed her forehead making her groan and squint at him.

"I have to go" she shook her head and grabbed her wrapped sandwich, mumbling a low thank you. "Have a good day Mousey Pooh" Jayla gave her a hug and Sahari playfully rolled her eyes at the name. She got in her car, prayed over her food then took a bite while starting up the car.

Dewland Academy was a predominantly white, christian, private high school. They were mostly known for how amazing their sports were while still being "so Godly". Every student wore a white collared shirt, with the school logo on the right side, girls wore a navy blue ankle length skirt and boys wore navy blue slacks.