𝟬𝟭𝟱. ❛ bullshit ❜

Start from the beginning

she had originally planned to hopefully hangout with sunny today, but she already had plans with chris when she asked. see, maisie just found out the medical receptionist internship her father signed her up for this summer starts next week. he originally told her about it months ago but she had completely forgotten in all honesty. she's not excited for having to spend so much of her time there soon, so she wants to enjoy the short free time she has left before it becomes such a scarcity for her.

that's why when malikai texted asking if she wanted to tag along with him and his friends to a party, it seemed like the second best option for her. she just wasn't expected the 'pregame' he suggested to last so long, seeing as they've been at this bar for an hour now. she's just glad she brought her fake so she's been able to drink.

she's trying to distract herself from the fact that she hasn't seen matt in a week. she knows she kind of chose that herself by fleeing from his house that night, but she was just really freaked out. she was hoping the texts wouldn't be a reoccurring thing, but they have been, and she doesn't know if she's supposed to tell him. the entire situation stresses her out when she thinks about it so a distraction seemed nice, but now that she sits here, it's all that she can think about.

she's been thinking about shooting him a text all week, but she hasn't acted on it. she wouldn't know what to say anyway.

she blows a huff of air from her lips as she glances back at malikai playing eight ball with his friends. the opposing team is making a play, so he's leant against a nearby table with his pool stick held in his hands as he watches. he must sense her eyes on him, because his eyes eventually migrate from the table to her. he raises his eyebrows and she looks away to focus back on her cuticles. she's not sure coming here was the right idea.

almost as if malikai can sense her thoughts of doubt, he appears at her side in minutes. she feels his presence next to her before he speaks and turns her head, finding him to have left the match behind and take a seat. she purses her lips and he obviously attempts to get a reading out of her as he glances over her expression. he asks softly, "you okay?"

maisie sighs at his light tone of voice, finding it to be genuine. she offers him a small smile and shrugs her shoulders. "yeah, just bored," she replies.

malikai hums, nodding his head before glancing back at his friends. despite them still going on with the game, he turns back to her and leans in to whisper, "do you just wanna go to the party?"

the corner of maisie's lips turn upwards, thinking that sounds like a much better idea. "kind of, yeah," she answers honestly.

malikai chuckles, leaning back as he responds, "don't worry, it started a bit ago anyway." when maisie raises her eyebrows, he explains further, "they just wanted to finish the game, but we'll leave now."

"great," she beams, not feeling bad in the slightest as his friends aren't particularly her favorite people. she grins at him. "you're the best."

malikai is quick to return her grin, his growing smug as he stands up from his seat. maisie follows his lead and as he watches her stand, he teases, "say that again?"

she only rolls her eyes, lightly shoving him as they both turn away from the bar. "shut up."

"