Arguing

Over time, she started to hang out with Amoroth more and more. She really thought they were her friend and it upset me. But I made a deal with her and I told her I'd trust her, so I couldn't do anything but offer unwanted advice. I was starting to see a difference in the way she acted though. She seemed even more reckless than usual and her mind was always set on mayhem, I even noticed her getting sick of her job. The job that she normally adored.
     One day I was cleaning my room in the palace. I was simply just tidying up everything and thinking about my life. I felt quite lucky to be a god and have this power while changing my yellow throw-pillows. Usually the demigods liked to clean for me, but I always sent them away so I could enjoy my time alone.
     The demigods are small creatures that each god has as a little companion. Some get four, some get only two or three. Me and Bermuda have two each, mine are little floating sun people named Bero and Jaz. Bermuda has pretty much the opposite named Lua and Iglan.
     Bero always followed my orders compliantly, but Jaz was always dead-set on keeping me off my feet and serving me, despite my love for cleaning and demigod chores. I often have Bero distract them and take them elsewhere so I can work alone. Currently they were with Hemlock and November on Earth.
     Meanwhile, I was simply straightening my sheets and fluffing all of my pillows while I thought some more about Bermuda. She said she was going to be careful, but so far that didn't seem like the case. It was even starting to affect Lua and Iglan, they were acting out more and going against palace rules to stay with Bermuda at all times.
     I sat on my bed, huffy that all my tasks had been finished and I was bored now. Bermuda was out with Amoroth so I couldn't go pester her anyways. We rarely hung out since Amoroth came into the picture, she only ever visited to start fights or complain about something…
     I heard my door unlock and open and there Bermuda stood, looking irritated. Lua and Iglan weren't with her and she just let herself in.
     “Ugh, hii Bishop.” She trudged over and flopped down on my freshly made bed, wrinkling the sheets and the comforter. “How are you?”
     “I'm fine.” I glared at the back of her head and rolled my eyes. “Are you mad or something?”
     “Nah, just irritated with the mortals.” This wasn't the first time she's said this, she didn't really like the mortals.
     “How so?” I walked over and sat next to her on the bed.
     “It's just frustrating how we do so much for the mortals and they don't do shit for us. We literally make sure they don't die every day and what do they do? Argue? Kill shit?” She face-planted in the sheets.
     “Well we also taught them to be selfless… or at least everybody else did, maybe you need a little lesson on compassion.” I teased her, nudging her shoulder with my knee.
     “Drio sure fucking didn't.” She lifted her head and gave me a glare when she mentioned Deity Drio, the God of ego.
     “We don't talk about Drio…” I smiled and laughed a bit. “However, we made life and this universe so we'd have projects and we wouldn't be stuck in oblivion, scattered throughout the void.”
     “I’d much rather be stuck in the void than be working for those rich fucks. They don't even know who we are!!” She smacked her head back down dramatically.
     “No you don't, the void would just be you and your thoughts. You wouldn't have me nearby or anybody.”
     “What about Amoroth? Would he be nearby?”
     “No.” I rolled my eyes and glared at her, she couldn't see thankfully. I didn't like her mentioning Amoroth.
     “Ugh, fine. I wish the Sun would die sooner so those fuckers could just be killed off.” she spat bitterly.
     “Bermuda!! You can't say that! If Life heard you say that they'd go into fit!” I stood up, appalled.
     “Well it's true!! If the Sun exploded then we wouldn't have to deal with them! We'd have the whole universe to do whatever we wanted!” She rolled over and sat up, smiling like her wild thoughts made sense.
     “Bermuda, if the Sun exploded then I would die! Listen to yourself and hush.” I crossed my arms and my eyes narrowed. How dare she say something like that.
     “Oh… I didn't think of that.” She didn't seem very remorseful of her wishes for my death. “But my point still stands.”
     “Bermuda! You'd have me killed just so you could be lazy??” My jaw dropped.
     “What?? No! Of course not! I'm just saying that if the Sun exploded and you didn't die, then that'd be pretty cool.”
     “You're crazy.”
     “I know.” She gave me a grin.
     “I'm gonna go down to the terrarium… I want to talk with Hemlock.” I sighed and dodged her questions of the Sun dying. “I don't like talking about my Sun dying.”
     “It's not your Sun, but for enough, have fun!” She waved goodbye and stood up. I saw all the wrinkles she made in my sheets and I simply left the room.