First Page

26/8/2001:

Dear diary, this is my very first written sentence. I hope this diary will guide me from now into the future. If my future self is reading this, I have a message for you: "Never give up on your dreams; life is wonderful."

I say this because I am constantly bullied at school. I despise it, but it seems unchangeable. My friends Mei, Fazil, and Kamal are also bullied. Most often, we are harassed for our lunch money or homework.

We have repeatedly reported this issue to our teachers, but they often minimize it as a "small matter," which feels completely dismissive. When we attempted to stand up to our bullies, we were the ones sent to the PDO office. Despite our explanations, in the end, there were no consequences for anyone, not even the bullies.

I hate my current life but I know it'll not be long for me soon. I don't really care anymore... you know? Every time this kept on happening and happening. I don't know why, maybe it's just being unlucky.

We kept quiet of this matter anyways, we didn't tell to our parents because it might lift up their burden. So... we lived through it.

27/8/2001:

Dear diary, I almost lost you because one of the bullies took you and hid you behind the construction site. I'm very glad that I've found you back, not destroyed and fine.

I don't know what happened to the bullies though, they didn't came back to class after breaktime. Might be they ended up at the PDO office and then suspended for a week, I don't know. Who knows...

Anyway, the rest of my school days were a very peaceful day for me and my friends. But, I felt a cold presence behind me. It's like something is behind my back. It's probably the wind... I continued to talk with my friends. 

The bells rang as everyone ran inside, the class was more quieter than before... the bully was gone, I don't know if they left early or got suspended... Anyways, one by one the teachers came inside the class each subject. Till the final subject. It was like a class with no soul you know... the class was a bit quiet but not noisier than before.

We all went out of school peacefully, everyone was happy as tomorrow is Friday, a weekend! Yaaay!