Instincts.

He's looking at her right now. They're working. He misses riding with her every day. But to be appropriate, he had to move out of her chain of command. It was so easy; there was no need to explain everything. He trusted her, and she trusted him. But today is once in a while » riding together. They're navigating the streets of Los Angeles.

T - You are ok?
L - Yeah, why?
T - Just asking...
L - No, you're not asking just for asking; you've got something on your mind, spit it out!
T - You're acting weird; I can't explain. I feel something is different with you.
L - Don't worry, I'm just tired. Those days were exhausting; I didn't have the time to rest.
T - So we're good?
L - Of course we are. I'm not going to leave you. YET.
T - Wait what?
L - I'm kidding...

She's just smiling at him. She was on a UC mission for 2 weeks and came back on patrol 2 weeks ago. It's still hard for him to trust the process and not make any parallels with his past with Isabel. But he's trying to be supportive and talk when he's got something on his mind.

After nearly 2 years of relationship, Tamara decided to move out with people of her age, and Tim and Lucy decided to move in together. He was already kind of living with the girls before that. But now it's official; it's their apartment, their new home. A fresh start.

Lunch break. Tim and Lucy were having this kind of argument about a case, and Angela looked at them amused.

A - Next time I will order pop corn...
T - You're not funny.
A - Of course I'm the funniest person you will ever know.

Tim rolls his eyes.

T -  You're not eating?
L -  Not hungry.
T - You should eat something; you need fuel for the rest of your day.
L - Tim, please.
T - Where are you going?
L - Do I need to have your permission to go to the bathroom?

She left.

A - Wow, what was that?
T - I don't know; she's weird since she's back. I asked her earlier, and she said she was tired but that we're good.
A - Do you want me to talk to her?
T - Nah, she will calm down.

Later that day, everything was better after a sorry hug. They had a typical night. He woke up at 3 a.m.; she was not here anymore. The lights in the kitchen were on. She was there, sitting on the counter, eating ice cream.

T -So you think 3 a.m. is a good hour to eat ice cream?
L -  It's always time for ice cream.

He's smiling

L - What?
T - You're cute... C'mon, let's go back to bed. There is enough ice cream for tonight.

She fell asleep against him. And he can't find himself sleeping anymore. His mind was full. He knows something is different; she's different.

Day off. He let her sleep. He has things to do. He gave her a note, gave her a kiss, and went out. She woke up one hour later. I put some music on and decided to make waffles. She sent him a text.

From Lucy to Tim:
Waffles are ready; hurry if you want to eat at least one. I'm hungry

From Tim to Lucy:
On my way back, if you're eating everything, you don't have any other choice but to eat something else for breakfast...

From Lucy to Tim:
Oh, and what?

From Tim to Lucy:
You...

From Lucy to Tim:
Interesting breakfast, so...

Tim got home 10 minutes later. He kissed her.

L - Where were you?
T -  Had to drop something at Angela's house. Breakfast?
L - Which one?
T - Waffles, and after, well, we'll see...

Lucy smiles. He knows her too much. He knows how to tease her with something.

T - Luce?
L - You must be serious if you use "Luce. What's going on?
T - Yeah, listen, after I left Lopez's house, I stopped by CVS to buy me something I needed, and I was passing by this section. Stop a minute on something and don't ask me why I bought it, but yeah, I bought it.

Lucy was surprised when Tim took a pregnancy test out of his grocery bag.

L - Wait what? Oh, hm, ok, well, it's unexpected.
L - You want me to do this test? I mean, I got my period, and...

He nods. She went to the bathroom and took the test. She waited 3 minutes. The longest 3 minutes ever. What if? It's probably negative, but what if he's right?

L - Tim... ?

He's taking her to the bathroom. He's now looking at her, looking at the damn test. She takes a deep breath and shows him the test.

L - Oh my god, how did you know?
T - instincts, I guess.
L - Tim, it's positive; it's more than instincts, don't you think?
T - Yeah, I don't know why I stopped on it. But you have been acting weird since 2 weeks, babe: mood swings, no appetite, and in the middle of the night you're eating, you're tired. So yes, when I saw that test, I was pretty sure of myself. And I was thinking about how my sister was before she knew she was expecting.
L -  Tim, it's positive.
T -  I know...
L - No, but Tim It's freaking positive... It means...
T -  Yes..

He smiles.

T -  What if it's our next step?
L -  It's not just a step, Tim; it's something bigger than just a step.
T - You are freaking out...
L - Yes, I am, don't you?
T - No, because I love you.
L - Do you think we are ready for that?
T -  I am.

She's looking at him; tears are running down her face.

L - T...Tim it's positive... We are...
T - Yes. We are.
L - Right, so we need to make appointments and everything.
T - Calm down, babe. At least, can we finish our first breakfast first?

He takes her in his arms and hugs her. It was their love language : hugs. They stayed like this for several minutes, thinking of this next big step. He's going to be a dad, and she's going to be a mom. Somehow, it's going to heal a part of them. They're going to create something of their own.

T - Right now, I'm the happiest man on earth.
L - I am too. You know you're probably going to be more softie than you already are?
T - Hm, hm, I don't care... breakfast?
L - Can we skip the first one and start the second one?

He smiles; he's in trouble. His love for her is clearly something. It was just instinct. But now it's something...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thank you :) Please vote and comment! It helps