Chapter 1

"Anthony, you're out!"

"But Miss!!" He whined, then another ball hit him, along with the voice of Harper telling him to "get off the fucking court". He sighed in defeat and took a seat on the bleachers by the sidelines, although, he did enjoy Miss Obah telling off Harper shortly after, it was probably the highlight of his day. Ant continued to watch the rest of SLT's play dodgeball. He saw the team opposite to his slowly lose players, and his gain more.

"Ant, you're up." Dusty yelled to him. When he got up, Amerie was on her way to the bleachers of shame. She gave him a dirty look, but he just ignored her because he was too excited to get back on. as he got up to the court. I guess it's just luck, but as soon as he walked inside the border, Darren hit him out.

"Ant, bro, what are you doing?" Spider yelled. He sighed once more and went back to the bleachers, where he was welcomed with Amerie laughing straight at him, he just turned away from her and cheered on the rest of his team.

It was down to the last two players, Spider and Sasha. Spider with a confident look, decided to throw the winning throw, and get her out once and for all. I don't mean to spoil, but it didn't work out. Sasha ended up catching it, giving her team victory. To this day, none of the student's know how Sasha caught it, actually, neither does Sasha..

"Alright boys and girls, the bells about to go, so I'll let you off on an early mark. See you tomorrow."

Everyone started to leave the hall. Spider, Ant, Dusty and Malakai all walked to their usual spot for lunch.

"So, what are we all doing for Amerie's party? Group costumes?" Malakai said.

"Uh, no way. We are not being the weird group that wears a matching group costumes." Spider protested, getting rid of the idea all together.

"Well I think we'd be pretty cool as insects, Spider." Ant said, nudging him with his elbow. "I am not doing any matching costumes at all, and that's final. So, drop it."

Ant sighed and slumped down next to Malakai, and rest his head on his shoulder. "Don't worry Ant, we can match." Malakai said jokingly, laughing with him. Spider rolled his eyes at them judgementally and let out a long sigh of boredom.

Finally, it was the end of the day. Anthony and Spider caught the bus home everyday, and since they lived awfully close they usually spend school nights at each other's houses, play games, doing drugs, the regular stuff.

"So, yours or mine tonight?" Spider asked, lying back on the seat of the bus. "Yeah uh, can we do yours? My mum's in a mood with me and your mum loves me."

"Yeah sure, whatever you want." The bus stopped in-front of Spiders house, where they both got off. When they walked into the house, they were greeted with his mum offering them chocolate chip cookies. Anthony (to no surprise to anyone) took one, and they walked up to Spiders room.

"Alright," Spider closed his room door. "What do you want to do this time." He asked, lying down on his bed. Ant sat down next to him, cooking off his shoes and getting inside the blankets. "I'm too tired for anything, we should just, lie down and never get up." Spider laid next to him, still on top of the covers. "We don't have to do anything today. We can just watch something." He said, pulling his laptop down to the bed in between them. They scrolled and debated through movies, but they ended up choosing The Conjuring in the end.

On the occasion, Spider would jump and maybe even scream a little. Ant just hid his eyes under the blankets most of them time, unfortunately, he still jumped at most scenes. "I need to go to the bathroom, you stay here, alright?" Spider said, shortly after the movie ended. After he walked out, Ant got up and looked around a bit. He ended up finding a diary, probably Spiders. He flicked through a few pages and realised it wasn't a diary, it was poetry. Really heart warming poetry too. Such detailed and inspiring words came from such a cruel person.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" Spider said when he walked into the room.

"Dude.. You write poetry?" Ant laughed showing him the book. Spider hurried up to him, trying to grab it from his hands. "Stop! Anthony give it back!"

"The stars in the sky shine at night, but they don't shine as bright as you! Even if you all are the same and serve the same purpose, you're still the most beautiful one!" Anthony read out, laughing and protecting himself from Spiders kicks and hits.

"Spider do you have a crushh?" Ant teased running around his room with the book.

"No, give it back! Ant I'm serious." Spider said, kicking him once more in the shins hard enough for Anthony to give him the book back. "I'm sorry, here, you can have it back, geez." He said, lying on Spiders bed holding his shin to his chest.

"Sorry for.. kicking you so hard. But you deserved it! I do not do poetry that's my.. mum's!" He said, sitting next to Ant and patting him on the back. "Yeah it's all good, I did deserve it I guess. Ughh it hurts sooo bad. You have to like, preform first aid on me now!" Ant said, groaning in pain.

"Um, nuh uh. I'm just gonna give you an ice pack. Stay right there and don't go looking for anymore books." Spider said getting up to get an ice pack.

He came back about a minute later with an ice pack and a plate of chocolate chip biscuits.

"Biscuits? You know me so well Spencer!" Ant jokingly batted his eyelashes at him. Spider took one as well, he laid back onto his bed and closed his eyes for a few minutes. Minutes turned into hours, and before they knew it, it was 10pm, and they were both asleep.

author note 🌚
hi guyz so umm I actually suck at writing and I don't know how to form proper sentences but pls bare with me 😉