Part 4

Ragini and Arjun rushed to Kerala, taking the next available flight, as soon as they heard the news about Karan's accident. Mihir Rajvansh, Arjun's father, had already arrived the previous night, though he hadn't informed anyone about the situation, not wanting to cause unnecessary worry.

Upon reaching the hospital, Ragini and Arjun spotted Mihir sitting outside of Karan's hospital room, engaged in conversation with a few men. Ragini approached him, her voice trembling with concern. "How is Karanveer?" she asked anxiously.

"He's stable now," Mihir replied, his tone grave but relieved.

Arjun, eager to see his brother, inquired, "Can we meet him?"

Mihir nodded, gesturing for them to follow him into the hospital room. Inside, they found Karan sleeping, his face pale and bandages covering his injuries.

"He looks hurt," Ragini whispered, her heart aching at the sight of him in such a state.

Mihir sighed, his gaze falling upon his son. "He was lucky. The floor collapsed while they were inspecting a site, and he was there with the supervisor. Unfortunately, the supervisor got badly injured and is in the ICU right now. Karan has a few fractures around his rib and leg, as well as a broken right hand" he explained.

Ragini reached out to gently touch Karan's hand, her eyes filled with tears. "Thank God he's fine" she murmured, her relief palpable.

Mihir turned to Arjun, concern etched on his face. "Arjun, take Ragini to the hotel and get some rest. You both need it," he instructed firmly.

Ragini, however, shook her head. "You've been here since last night, Uncle Mihir. You should rest," she insisted, her eyes pleading.

Arjun chimed in, "Why don't I stay back with bhai? Both of you go and get some rest."

But Ragini remained adamant. "No, I don't want to leave his side" she said firmly, her voice filled with determination.

With a nod of understanding, Arjun and Mihir reluctantly agreed to leave. "Alright, we'll be back soon. Take care of him, Ragini," Mihir said, his tone gentle yet firm.

As they departed, Ragini took a seat next to Karan's bed and gently held his hand in hers.

"I was so scared," she admitted in a choked voice, her eyes brimming with tears that threatened to spill over. "When I heard about the accident"

Her voice trailed off as she struggled to find the right words to express the depth of her emotions. She squeezed Karan's hand gently, seeking comfort in his presence.

—------

Karan slowly opened his eyes, his vision blurred and hazy from the medication. As his gaze focused, he was surprised to see Ragini seated beside him, her hand clasping his tightly as she slept peacefully.

He tried to call out to her, but his throat felt dry and scratchy, causing him to cough harshly. The sound of his coughing stirred Ragini from her slumber, and she jolted awake, concern flashing in her eyes.

"App theek hai?" she asked anxiously, her voice filled with worry as she hurriedly reached for a glass of water on the bedside table. Bringing it to his lips, she helped him take a few sips, her touch gentle and reassuring.

Karan nodded weakly, his throat still sore from the coughing fit. He struggled to find his voice as he looked at Ragini

"Thank you," he managed to whisper hoarsely.

Ragini smiled softly, her eyes reflecting relief as seeing him awake and conscious. But their moment of quiet reassurance was short-lived as the nurse entered the room, carrying a tray with Karan's scheduled injection.