Part 1

Udaipur, Rajvash Niwas

Ragini continued her task of organizing the cupboards, her movements deliberate yet absentminded as she listened to Swara's voice through the phone.

"There is holi pooja in the evening, so a lot of preparations are going on," Ragini responded to Swara's inquiry about her stay in Udaipur. Her words held a hint of distraction, her attention divided between the task at hand and the conversation unfolding.

"Listen" Swara's hesitant tone caught Ragini's attention, pulling her focus away from the neatly folded linens in her hands.

Sensing something amiss, Ragini asked "What happened, Swara? Is everything okay?"

"Badi Ma wanted to apologize to you," Swara finally spoke, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Ragini felt a knot form in her stomach, her pulse pounding in her ears.

Taking a deep breath, Ragini closed her eyes briefly, trying to steady her racing thoughts. The memories of past conflicts and misunderstandings flooded Ragini's mind, each one a painful reminder of the fractured relationships she had worked so hard to mend.

"Swara, I don't hold any grudges against anyone," she replied with calmness

"I understand, but she's feeling even more sorrowful now, particularly following the revelation about Kavya. She's consumed by a sense of regret, blaming herself, thinking she could have prevented it if only she had intervened when Laksh's actions were unfolding."

So much had transpired in the past 8 Months – right from the betrayal of Laksh during their second marriage, the tumultuous journey of Shekhar agreeing to let swara return to Maheswari house, her marriage, and now, the revelation of Kavya's truth.

"There is no sense in recalling the past, Swara," after a pause she spoke

Please tell Badi Ma that I appreciate her sentiments, but there's truly no need for her to apologize. We've all been through so much, and holding onto grudges won't do any good. And I wish her peace and happiness, and I'm grateful for her understanding," Ragini said softly, her voice carrying a mixture of resignation and acceptance.

Swara nodded on the other end of the line, her own emotions mirroring Ragini's. "I'll let her know, Ragini. Thank you for being so understanding. I know it's not easy, but it's admirable of you"

A small smile tugged at Ragini's lips. "Thank you, Swara. We've both learned a lot from our experiences, haven't we?"

"Yes, we have," Swara agreed.

There conversation came to an end with a knock on door

"Choti Malkin, Badi Malkin is calling you" the servant conveyed the message

"I'll talk you later swara, chachi ji is calling me"

After ending the call, she walked towards the majestic hall, where her Aunt-in-law (Chachi Saas) was instructing workers for the evening pooja. Her grandfather-in-law was in the garden overseeing the decorations and building for Holika Dahan.

Meanwhile, her brother-in-law Arjun was sitting and munching on a few snacks. Manvi, her sister-in-law, was nowhere to be seen.

"Ragini, look after the Mithai preparation, I am going to the market to buy a few necessities for the pooja," Anditha Rajvansh spoke, her tone brisk with purpose.

"Arjun, stop munching those snacks and do some work," she chided her son, her voice carrying a hint of exasperation.

Ragini smiled at them and moved towards the kitchen. After some time, her grandfather-in-law walked in.