Chapter 22

Lucy sat with her friends Gayle and Alli at their favorite café, the warm glow of the overhead lights casting a cozy ambiance over their table. They placed their orders at the counter, and after a short wait, their drinks were ready. 

Carrying their beverages, they made their way back to their usual spot and settled into their seats. As they sat down, Alli noticed a slight shift in Lucy's facial expression. "You okay?" she asked, concern lacing her voice.

Gayle leaned forward too; her eyes full of concern as she looked at Lucy. "You seem troubled, Lucy. Is everything okay?"

Lucy sighed, her gaze dropping to her hands as she struggled to find the right words. "I... I've been thinking about breaking up with Sung Hoon," she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper.

Alli's eyebrows shot up in surprise, her French accent coloring her words. "But why, Lucy? I thought things were going well between you two."

Lucy nodded, a conflicted expression on her face. "They were, but... I don't know. Lately, I've been feeling like maybe I'm not in love with him the way I thought I was. And I don't want to string him along if my heart isn't fully in it."

Gayle reached out and placed a comforting hand on Lucy's arm. "It's okay to have doubts, Lucy. Relationships are complicated, and it's important to be honest with yourself about how you feel."

Lucy nodded, grateful for her friends' support. "I just don't know what to say to him, you know? I don't want to hurt him, but I also don't want to lead him on."

Alli leaned in, her expression thoughtful. "Maybe you should just be honest with him, Lucy. Tell him how you're feeling and let him know that you need some time to figure things out."

Lucy considered her friend's words, the weight of their advice sinking in. "You're right," she said finally, a sense of relief washing over her. "I owe it to both of us to be honest about how I feel."

With a renewed sense of determination, Lucy made a mental note to have a heart-to-heart conversation with Sung Hoon, knowing that her friends would be there to support her every step of the way.

Lucy took a deep breath, steeling herself for the difficult conversation that lay ahead. With Gayle and Alli by her side, she knew she had the support she needed to navigate the rocky waters of love and uncertainty.

"I just don't want to hurt him," Lucy admitted, her voice tinged with sadness. "Sung Hoon has been through so much in the past, and I don't want to add to his pain."

Gayle squeezed Lucy's hand; her eyes full of understanding. "I get it, Lucy. But you have to prioritize your own happiness too. You can't stay in a relationship out of guilt or obligation."

Alli nodded in agreement, her expression serious. "And you have to remember that you're not responsible for Sung Hoon's happiness. He has to find that for himself, just like you do."

Lucy sighed, a weight lifting off her shoulders as she absorbed her friends' words of wisdom. "You're right," she said, a sense of clarity settling over her. "I need to be true to myself and my own feelings, even if it's difficult."

With a renewed sense of purpose, Lucy knew that she was ready to have the conversation with Sung Hoon, no matter how hard it might be. And with Gayle and Alli by her side, she felt confident that she could face whatever challenges lay ahead.

___________________________

I can't believe it's already the end of chapter 22. I didn't even think that i would make it past chapter 5 lol. Now here we are! Please vote and let me know your thought in the comments. Love you as always...Bye!