CHAPTER 1

Bens pov

It's currently one week til I turn 18 and I'm so excited. I've been waiting my whole life to finally turn 18. I'll finally meet my mate and get away from my abusive family. They weren't always bad but when I turned 12 and got my abo test results back and they found out I was an omega life has been a living hell. My father thinks I'm a disgrace to the family because before I manifested as an omega our family was all alphas and they were very proud of it. They think that anything below an alpha is worthless and has no place in this world. Since I was 12 my family has made sure I know that I'm a waste of space and that I have no worth living in this world and that I'm better off dead, especially my father. He likes to beat me to show me how weak and useless I am. He used to only do that every once in a while when something reminded him of how weak I am but with the recent increase in vampire attacks he has been reminded a lot of this fact and has been beating me a lot more. But I know he's not wrong. At the end of the day if I ran into a vampire I'm dead. with how weak I am a vampire could probably kill me with a single punch. Luckily, we live in one of the strongest packs in the whole country so vampires don't really mess with us that much.

The only escape from my awful family I have is school but it's also not that great there. It's not that bad but most people don't talk to me and think I'm weird but it's nice to get some alone time away from my family so I don't mind not having any friends. When I'm not in class I usually just spend my time in the school library. It's really quiet in there and since kids barely go there I get to relax. There is usually one girl in the library named Aspen and she's really nice she is probably my only friend. Aspen is this really pretty girl who has the most amazing ginger hair I have ever seen and these beautiful green eyes. If I wasn't gay I would totally have a crush on her.

"Hey, Ben how was your weekend" Aspen asked while sitting down next to me and taking out a new romance book she has been reading.

"It was okay nothing special. I'm just hoping this week passes by fast so that I can finally turn 18" I say

"Omg, I totally forgot that your birthday is coming up! What are you doing for your birthday!?" She asked excitedly.

"I'm probably not gonna do anything my family isn't really big on birthdays" I say. That's a lie my family goes all out for birthdays. They throw the biggest parties and invite all their friends and family and make it the most special day imaginable. Well except when it comes to mine. I haven't celebrated my birthday since I turned 12.

"oh come on, you need to do something for your 18th birthday!" Aspen said

"What would I even do? I don't even have any friends other than you" I respond sadly.

"Then how about me and you do something together?" Aspen said enthusiastically. "We can go to a club or something! Maybe you'll meet your mate there!"

Aspen is really into romance, so the idea of someone she knows finding their mate is probably super exciting to her.

"Ok," I agree, knowing she won't leave this alone. "But where would we go? I don't think there are any clubs near here."

"There's a club that's like maybe 15 miles from town that is super popular recently. I've been wanting to go for a while now but never had a good reason" she lets out. "But your 18th birthday is totally a good reason to go!"

After a while, we decided to go out on the night before my birthday so that I would turn 18 while out together. I know my father will be pissed about me being out that late, but honestly, I don't care. I have waited for this day for so long, and I will not let him ruin it for me. And who knows, maybe Aspen is right, and I will meet my mate that night.

Word count: 747
Sorry if this isn't the best. This is the first story I've written. I hope to guys like it. I'll try to upload regularly.