06| Driftmark

Pov Daemyra Hightower

Driftmark

2 days after

2 days after

"You'll die screaming just like your father did."
I heard Aemond screaming and immediately woke up with my heart beating faster than it should've. I put my head on the pillow again and closed my eyes to try to sleep normally. "He doesn't know, does he? Lord Strong!" I heard Aemond's voice again.

I got up from my bed, grabbed my pillow and my dragon egg, and walked to where my father was staying. "Can I sleep with you tonight?" I asked him. He looked confused about why I was there and why I was asking him that. "Are you scared?" He got up from his bed and grabbed my hand. "It's just another nightmare," I smiled at him.

My father put me in the bed and helped me lay on his chest. I could hear his heart beating fast, probably because he was nervous about having me there. "Are you comfortable?" He asked me. "I am. Thank you, Dad!" I said, and he ran his fingers through my hair.

"You know, during the funeral of Lady Laena, I found myself thinking about your mother," he said, and I smiled. "You remember her?" I asked him. "Of course I do. She was beautiful like a flame, you couldn't get too close, or you would get burned, but trust me, that didn't matter. Every boy at Oldtown wanted to get burned by her fingers," he laughed, and so did I.

The sleep finally came back to me, and before I knew it, I was sleeping again but was awakened by someone knocking on my father's door. "My lord hand! There was an accident with Prince Aemond, and Queen Alicent and the King are asking for your presence." One of the guards said and immediately left his chamber.

I left my dad's chest and got up from the bed "Let's go, Daemyra!" He grabbed my hand and guided me to the great hall, where I saw our family separated on two sides and Aemond in the middle of the room with Alicent and Maester.

"It will heal, will it not Maester? "I heard my sister asking. "The flesh will heal. But the eye is lost, Your Grace!" The Maester said, and my sister immediately got up and walked in Aegon's direction.

Everything was a mess. Aemond lost an eye, Aegon just got slapped, Luke and Jace, were covered in blood, and Joanna was next to her father in the door while I was on the other side of the room with my dad.

"Who did this?" Rhaenyra asked after she saw how her son was. "They attacked me!" Aemond defended himself. "He broke Luke's nose!" Jace defended himself.

Scream after scream, it was impossible to be in that situation. "Aemond called them bastards," I whispered to my dad. "How do you know that?" He asked. "I saw it in my nightmares," I whispered, and my dad put himself in front of me to avoid all the confusing things.