Fresh breeze

I still love grapes.

My mother used to peel off the skin of the grapes before she fed them to me. There wasn't any particular reason or maybe she just didn't want me to choke on them. Ironic, looking back at it.

I hope she isn't too sad about it. It wasn't an enjoyable experience. Choking, I mean, on grapes no less.
Spring had just come, and I was enjoying myself. Who would have thought that a single grape could change your fate like that. I sure didn't.

I had one, then another, and another, and another one and so on. I was down to my last grape, I wanted the last grape to go down with a bang, I didn't expect to be the one going down, but there was no bang. I threw the grape up in the air, and I caught it with my mouth. I felt some sense of victory before it hit me. Well, before it hit my uvula, you know, that hanging sack in your mouth. That wasn't pleasant, for sure.
It went down but got stuck in my throat. No matter how hard I beat my chest, it stayed stuck in there. I was panicking, which didn't make the situation any better. As I kept trying to grasp for air, my thoughts were getting hazy. Right then, I remembered I could just let myself fall down on my chest, the pressure would shoot the grape out, right? That is if you do it the right way.
Unfortunately, as I was trying to do exactly that, my vision got blurry, I stumbled and fell over a chair and faceplanted onto the floor.
There I was, lying on the cold hard floor, the grape still stuck in my throat, squirming around to find anything to hold onto and get back on my feet. My chest war hurting and my face too. I got stomach cramps, my whole body tensed up before I passed out.
So this is how I die, huh.

Grapes must be man's worst enemy.