Chapter : 25 - Sweetheart!

Start from the beginning

"Oh, so now my son doesn't like his Mom's tea too?" Ammi said with an irritated look.

"You made it yourself that day, Ammi, right?," I reminded her, as she was the one who made the tea that day.

"Yeah yeah," Ammi said, taking a sip now.

I was enjoying my tea when someone called me, and I checked the ID to see Gusrail calling me.

"Gusrail, who's this?" Tamir piped in, looking at my phone and seeing the caller ID.

"My friend," I said while pushing his head back.

"Ammi, doesn't it seem weird to you? Bhai, who has finger counting male friends, also has female friends, and look at the name he's saved, 'Gusrail,'" Rasha said to Ammi, giving me a mischievous smile.

"You didn't get any other name to save, Bhai?" Tamir teased me.

They both knew who Gusrail was, all thanks to our love birds Samir and Sahara, who had spilled everything to them. Since morning, Rasha and Tamir had been busy teasing me, calling 'Uns' as 'bhabhi.'

I would literally punch Tamir's beautiful face if Ammi and Abbu weren't here with us. And Rasha, I would hide all her snacks.

"You never had female friends before, Aziz? So who is this lady?" Abbu asked me, still looking at her ID displayed on my phone.
I couldn't respond to him.

"Is this the same Mehbooba?" Abbu asked, now seeing the number, but I hid it because Abbu has 'Uns' number.

"Yes yes, Dad, his Mehbooba is only calling," Tamir started teasing me now.

"Really, Aziz?" Abbu asked, completely shocked.

"Aziz, I don't know anything. I've already chosen a girl for you. Reject whoever this Mehbooba is," Ammi said, now sitting beside me.

"Ammi, bhai's mehbooba is very beautiful", Rasha said to Mom.

"The one I've chosen for Aziz is a gem of paradise ( jannath ki noor hai)," Mom said proudly.

And I was just listening to their conversation about my mehbooba, while still seeing her's ID displayed on my screen. She was calling continuously to me. Ammi wouldn't let me leave, and if I don't pick her call, then Gusrail will surely kill me.

"Why is your face turning red, Aziz?" Abbu asked, seeing me.

"Oh Abbu, bhai is blushing, isn't it bhai", idiot Tamir said again.

"Look Aziz, only my chosen girl will come to this house and no one else", Ammi declared.

But right now, the only woman I was fearing was my Gusrail. I need to pick her call now.
Ignoring them, I took the call.

"Bhegairat insaan, how many times do I have to call you? Can't you pick up in one go?" I heard her shout from the call and I moved it away from my ears.

"This was the only thing left. Mera beta toh haath seh gaya (My son's hand slipped now,") Ammi said while getting up.

"I also feel the same, Zaina," Dad said while helping Ammi in taking cups from the table.

"Both are dramatic queens," I said to them and got up to leave, before giving death glares to both useless ones who were still laughing at my state.

"Just let me come home tonight, and I'll see you both useless ones," I said and walked out.

"I apologize, but your in-laws were not letting me leave," I teased her from the call.

"How bhegairat are you, Nader? I'm scolding you, and you're teasing me," she said from the other side.