Morning Misery - Sympathy or Pity

「Warning, the following content cotains sensitive topics such as; Swearing, Gore description, Use of weapons, Abuse, Etc. If you have a problem with these topics, feel free to leave now. Reader discretion is advised.」

Larry Johnson - Tuesday Morning 04/20/19XX

I went to go call Sal, I just brought home that little church boy and he was all messed up. I stepped out of the apartment and waited for him to answer. He answered finally after about ten seconds and gave me the biggest hit of relief. "Hey dude, Travis is kinda inside my room right now." I started and rubbed my neck as I could hear Sal's staring. Literally, his eye clanked off his desk and he had to grab it. Anyways, he then finally responded once he put his eye back in. "Why is Travis in your room at not even four thirty in the morning?"

"You have no room to talk, you're the one still awake at four in the morning. Anyway, his dad fucked him up bad and even if I hate his guts, I'm not going to just let the guy freeze outside. I want you to come over and help me with him until school opens." I told him as I listened to Sal grab his bag and walk out of his room. "I'm coming, I'll be down in a second." He then said and hung up. I put my phone away and waited until I heard the elevator doors open.

I watched Sal walk into the apartment and I followed him. Travis was still on my bed, staring off. I had to snap my fingers in front of him just to get his attention. He looked at me and Sal quickly stepped up to check Travis's wounds.

I watched Sal press almost everywhere on his face. Travis mostly flinched when he pressed around the sides of his head and his cheek. Sal got Travis to open his mouth and he quickly found a missing tooth. Travis looked like he was using all his might not to cry.

"Travis, is this all from your dad?" Sal then asked as he let go of his face. Travis just nodded which made me and Sal exchange looks. "Travis, I think you should stay here for a while. I don't think your dad is the best person to live with." I heard Sal say as Travis nodded again softly. I feel bad for him.