Chapter 27

Courtney's POV

Today is the 14th of July. The day before I leave for New York. Across the world. I don't want to go but I do. I want to go for my art but I don't want to go because it's across the world and I won't abe able to cuddle with Luke when I want to or when I'm sad.

And then it hit me.

I won't be able to do anything with any of them. All the laughs we shared. All the jokes we made.

All the memories.

I'm just sitting on my bed crying.

I look at the charm bracelet that Luke gave me the night we had are date. I laugh a bit from all the charms. I love the fact that Luke put the paint brush on for me. I hear a knock at my door and I run to go get it. I open the door to see Luke.

I hug him and he hugs me back.

"I have a present for you" he says siting on the couch and I follow sitting next to him

"What is it?" I ask as he hands me a small box.

Before I open it I notice Luke's wearing a new bracelet will all of his other ones. I'll ask after. I open the box and there was a bracelet with a L+C on it. I notice that there was two charms for my charm bracelet. One of them said '5sos' on it. The other was a boy and a girl holding hands.

I looked at Luke and smile. He smiles back and hugs me.

"Do you like it?" He asks

"Yes thank you so much!" I say putting on the bracelet and putting the charms on.

"I'm gonna miss you. You're the only person I love more than I love myself." Luke says making me shed tears

"Luke please don't. Not this. I do-" I say but get cut of by Luke kissing me.

I kiss back. Wait no I can't the more I do this, the more I'm going to miss him and not want to leave. I move my head back so are lips disconnect. He gives me a confused face.

"Luke I'm sorry. But the more you do this, the more I'm not going to want to leave." I say

"I-I'm sorry. I-I have to go" Luke stutters and runs out of my house.

Oh. So that just happened.

*6 hours later*

I just finished packing and it is now 9:00. I guess I should go to sleep. But my phone goes off. I see I have a voice mail from Luke.

I open it and it starts to play.

"Courtney. I'm going to miss you so damn much. I don't know how many times I've said this but I Love You. Only you. And even if you tell me to stop saying it a million times. I'm still going to say it. Because it's true, it's true that I love you more than I love myself. That's never going to change. I just don't want to loose you." I hear his voice cracking and I can tell he's starting to cry "Courtney you made my life complete. You made me, want to actually be me. You are the key to my heart. That missing piece that was missing in my life. The day I met you. Was the day I realized that I loved you. I planned this future about us when we were 8. You were the princess and I was the prince. I planned my life with you in it. I didn't see this part coming. I'm just going to miss you so, so, so damn much." Luke finishes as he stops the voice mail.

I'm crying. I can't even think of what Luke is feeling right now. I feel terrible. I grab my sketchbook and draw a heart. After I make lines through the heart to show that it's shattered. After I write 'I'm' at the top and 'sorry' at the bottom. I fold the paper and put it in a big envelope and put Luke's address and street on it. And I send it to him.

After that I decide to go to bed. I end up falling asleep. Crying.