Chapter - 8: The War of Virat

The fear everybody had of Malini and Mirawati had not reduced. However, one good thing was that the Agyatvas of the Pandavas, Draupadi and Aadrika was going to end in 2 days. Meanwhile, the Kauravas in the Palace of Hastinapur had not stopped racking their heads thinking where the Pandavas might have gone incognito.

There, the news of the Gandharva king killing the commander-in-chief of the Matsya Kingdom had reached them, the devious Shakuni's mind had lit up. He said to Duryodhan, 'This work couldn't have been carried out by any warrior except one of the Pandavas. I am completely sure that those people are hiding there, मेरे बच्चे.' (My son/my dear)

'How can you be so sure, Mamashree?' replied Duryodhan. 'Just trust me on this one and you will never have to be like you were before the Dyut Sabha. Trust me and the Pandavas shall be removed from your life!' assured his dice-throwing uncle.

Soon enough, war conches were blown as the Kuru warriors marched towards Matsya. However, somewhere on the other side of the border, the army of Trigart attacked, under the patronage of Duryodhan. This was a well-curated ploy of Shakuni.

As the army was short, all the Pandavas fought on the side of the Matsya kingdom. Then came the message that the Kuru army was on the border and Uttar, the son of King Virat agreed to go to war as there was no army. Brihannala became his charioteer at the behest of Uttara. She wanted the Angavastras of the warriors to dress up her dolls.

Uttar was boisterous on his way to the battlefield, but when he saw those reputed warriors, he was rethinking his decision and was trying to run off. But Arjun pulled him back, reprimanding him. "Is this how a true warrior behaves like?" Uttar was still terrified and Arjun then revealed that they were the Pandavas now incognito.

When they re-entered the battlefield, Arjun and Uttar had changed their spots and the war ensued. Arjun had defeated all the warriors on his own without breaking a sweat. Firing Sammohanastra, Arjun sent them to sleep. Taking their Angavastras for Uttara, the pair re-entered the kingdom with Arjun as the charioteer and Uttar sitting in the chariot.

Author's Note:

Hi! Did you miss me? Well, I hope you did. Toh, Virat Yudh hogaya, then the Abhi-Uttara vivah..