Chapter 9 : I get those goosebumps every time

Start bij het begin

We talk and we laugh, everything is going well. I have to say that this is much needed after being on the run for two days. We had to take multiple flights before coming here. Loki explained that people could retrace his prints when he uses teleportation. That's why we had to come here this way. "So, you're helping destroy this thing?" Thor asks as he gets up. "Yeah! How do you know about this?" He locked eyes with his brother. "We always help each other when needed," Thor says. "It's a new thing for us," Loki adds. I lift my eyebrow while smiling. "That's nice," I say. I miss my sister, I wish it could be safe for us to coexist in this world.

"You should go get some sleep. We're gonna start in two hours when the sun gets down." I get up and thank them for the beers and the good conversations. I get up the stairs and a small but cozy bed welcomes me. My head touches the pillow and I am out like a light.

-

I enter the building with Thor. He decided to bring me back himself since we almost killed ourselves trying to destroy that thing and I think he felt bad. "Remember? Not a word to anyone," he tells me as Tony joins us in the main hall. "Yep," I say. "Where have you guys been?" He asks, exhausted. "We weren't together, we just came back at the same time," Thor answers nervously. "I was visiting a friend," I say with a smile as I take my bag from Thor's arm. "And I don't have to explain myself," Thor answers with confidence. "Okay," Stark says as we walk away from him.

"That was really smooth," I say quietly. "Shut up," he answers and we both laugh. "Amber!" Bruce says as he turns the corner of the hall. "Hey, Bruce! How's it going?" He looks at the papers in his hands and reads them nervously. "I need your help," he says as he lifts his glasses to look at me. "Why were you gone so long?" He asks as Thor leaves us alone. "It's nice to see you too," I say while a chuckle leaves my mouth. "Right, sorry. I'm really happy to see you but I really need you. Can it be now?" I look at his papers. "Yeah! Let me just go put down my bags and I'll join you." He nods as he walks back to the lab. I'm really glad that I can work and help him but I could use a little nap.

I walk up to my room and as soon as I see my bed, I jump in it. The little cabin was really nice but I really missed my bed. I was exhausted from all of the physical activity I had to do in the last few days and this bed just feels like a cloud. Okay, I have to get up or else I'm gonna fall asleep. I wonder what happened at S.H.I.E.L.D, I think that's another thing I'll have to sort out. I take a hot shower and I change into clean clothes. I open the door of the bathroom and someone's on my couch. "Oh my god!" I say because of the jump scare. "Where have you been?" I see a very worried Wanda nervously moving around on the cushions. "Wanda!" I say as I sit next to her and pull her into a hug. "I was worried," she says as she hugs me tighter. I think my little witch knows something.

She pulls me away to take a good look at me. A moment of silence installs itself as she looks into my eyes, she's trying so hard to read me. "Your powers are stronger," she says with a smile. "What makes you say that?" We look at each other, both hesitating on how much information we're giving the other. "I'm just glad you're safe," she adds. "Why wouldn't I be?" I look into her eyes as she bites her lips. I try not to look at them because then I would be tempted to untrap them with mine. "Why would I answer your questions when you don't answer mine?" Her tone is playful but she seems nervous.

"Are you free tomorrow night?" I ask and her anxious expression turns into an excited one. "Yes, what do you have in mind?" She asks. "Wait. How about I take care of tomorrow's plans and you just relax and look pretty?" She adds before I can answer her. "Deal," I say as I put my hand in front of her. "Deal." She takes my hand and pulls me into her. Her other hand slides on my cheek, her touch is soft and hot. I look into her eyes before closing the gap between us. Her lips claim mine passionately and our breaths synchronize. My hands move to her waist as she puts her other hand on the side of my neck. She uses her magic to heal the tension in my neck and my back. I hum against her lips and she pulls back. "You have a lot of tension dear," she says with a smirk.