Chapter 8

The young nightbloods grabbed some food as they were wondering what is gonna happen with Azgeda who started a war. They all sat down in their respectful seats as Luke and Jace sat near their sister wanting to be close to her as possible. The screen turned on once again.

It was the next day and Y/n is free from training so she is in the throne room by Lexa's side as the ambassadors sat down and listened to her especially now that Skaikru ambassador Clarke. "The ambassadors of the coalition, today we honor our covenant. The clan that stands against one of us stands against us all." Lexa told everyone in the room. "Bring in the accused." Titus told a guard. The guards open the doors and Queen Nia was brought in with chains on her and glared at Clarke.

The whole room tensed at the queen especially the greens who pissed their pants mainly Aegon.

The guards brought Nia forward and made her kneel in front of Lexa. "Queen Nia of Azgeda has confessed to the destruction of Mount Weather, resulting in the death of 49 members of Skaikru. Wanheda, what say you?" Titus asked the ambassador. "Skaikru demands justice." Clarke spoke. "Ice nation does not answer to this girl." Queen Nia sneered at her. "Silence! The punishment for your crimes is death. Do you have anything to say in your defense?" Titus asked her. "I need no defense. She does. Today is judgement day. I call for a vote of no confidence." Nia challenged.

"Take this queen to meet her fate." Titus told the guards. As they were about to get her an ambassador stopped them. "Not so fast. Commander no longer." An ambassador said. More ambassadors said the same thing as they got up making Y/n glare at them. "Take them away, too!" Titus commanded the guards. When they were about to get them Lexa stopped them. "Wait!" Lexa said. "Lexa, please, execute these traitors." Titus tries to explain but Lexa put her hand up stopping him from saying anything. "Let her make her move." Lexa told him as she looked at queen Nia.

The rest of the ambassadors stood up say "commander no longer." Clarke looked at Lexa confused and then at Y/n who didn't meet her stare only glaring at all the ambassadors making her shiver a bit before looking back to Lexa. "Commander, what is this?" Clarke asked her. "This is a coup." Lexa said without looking at her. Queen Nia looked at Clarke. "This is the law. Her law." Nia said as she got up from the ground. "A unanimous vote of the ambassadors or death are all that can remove a commander from power." Nia explained to Clarke.

"It's not unanimous. We don't recognize the legitimacy of skaikru." Nia said as she halted at Clarke. "We do. Yesterday, Skaikru took the brand. They are the 13th clan. This vote of no confidence fails. All these coup plotters will suffer the exact same fate as the Ice Queen." Titus said. "She won't take our heads because she knows our armies will retaliate." Nia said confidently. Y/n gripped her sword tightly making it white as she glared at the ice nation queen. Nia looked back at the ambassadors. "None of us here wants war." Nia said making Y/n quietly scoff at her.

"We both know what you want, Nia." Lexa said before getting up from her throne and walking up to her. "If you think me unfit to command, issue the challenge and let's get on with it." Lexa said to her. "Very well, you are challenged." Nia said. "And I accept your challenge." Lexa said to her. Y/n looked at Lexa in shock before turning back to neutral expression. "So be it. Single combat. Warrior against warrior. To the death. Nia of Azgeda, who do you choose to be your champion?" Titus asked her.

"My son, Roan. Prince of Azgeda." Nia said confidently while looking at Roan. Titus turned to Lexa. "Heda, who'll fight for you?" Titus asked her. Lexa didn't say anything as she went to her throne and sat down. "I'm the commander. No one fights for me." Lexa told him as Clarke looks scared while Y/n looks at her commander in confidence. The young night blood had seen what her commander can do in a fight.