Chapter 4. The Bubbler

Start from the beginning

"Actually, that's not true." Isabella said, she sat down beside Adrien. "He said yes." She looked at Adrien with a big smile. "Happy birthday Adrien."

Adrien let out a small laugh as tears filled his eyes. "You got me a party?"

"I got you a party." Isabella repeated.

Nathalie watched the young teens in awe. Only been here two days and already she's made Adrien's life better. "Happy birthday, Adrien." She said and left.

***

Outside the school, Adrien and Nino were talking, Isabella didn't come with because she had to finish something, but promised to be there as soon as possible. What Adrien hadn't noticed, was Alya and Marinette hiding nearby out of sight, spying. Chloé and Sabrina were in the school but were close enough to see what's happening.

"Dude, seriously? Your dad is actually letting us throw a party. How'd you manage that?" Nino said, blowing bubbles.

"I didn't. Isabella did. It was all her idea." Adrien said.

Nin wrapped one arm around Adrien. "Awesome! First b-day party dude! Will your dad be joining?"

***

"You can do it; you can do it!" Alya said, encouraging her.

"I can do it; I can do it!" Marinette repeated.

***

"No, he'll be working." Adrien said.

"That's not right. You know what, I'm gonna have a little convo with your pops." Nino said.

Adrien shook his head. "Don't waste your time. He's not gonna change his mind." Just then, a limo drove up to the school. Marinette and Alya watched in confusion.

***

"Who's that? Marinette asked, Alya shrugged. They watched as Adrien ran to the limo, he opened the door and out came the same girl who was at Adrien's photoshoot when Stormy Weather attacked. "What's she doing here?!" Marinette whispered to Alya.

"I don't know." Alya said. They moved closer to listen.

***

"Sorry, I'm late." The girl apologised to Adrien.

He smiled and shook his head. "It's fine. Come meet Nino." He said, dragging her to Nino, making her giggle at his excited state. "Nino!" He called out. "This is Isabella De Luca, my best friend, the reason why I'm getting a party and finally..." He wrapped his arms around her waist. "... my beautiful fiancée."

***

Marinette let out a loud scream causing Alya to pull her behind the wall when everyone looked up. "Fiancée." Marinette whimpered. "He's being forced to marry her."

Alya rubbed her back, comfortably. "I'm sorry, girl."

***

"No way! Welcome dudette." Nino said, bringing her into a hug. "Good job getting Mr Agreste into agree to having a party for my man here."

Isabella smiled. "Thank you Nino. Sorry, I'm late, I had to grab Adrien's second present." She said, reaching into her bag. She pulled out a gift-wrapped box and gave it to Adrien. "Here you go darling."

Adrien opened the present and gasped. "Oh my god." He said.

"What is it?" Nino asked, but Adrien couldn't talk, so Isabella poke instead.