Chapter 26: Cessation

Start from the beginning

 Kaede mumbled. ''What...?'' Wieon asked, her nose was stuffy, and her eyes were just as red as Kaede's. Kaede whispered again. ''I don't believe she is gone...'' Kaede mumbled. ''Where is Kyoto, and how far away is it.?'' Ryongi asked.

 Akatami seemed baffled by his random question. ''You've never been to Kyoto before?'' Akatami said, still baffled. Ryongi shook his head as Wieon rested on his shoulder asleep. ''Kyoto is twenty hours away from here.'' Akatami said, holding the steering wheel tightly as she turned into different lanes.

 Ryongi nodded, since they were the only ones awake in the car. ''We have to go to a seal shop, so I advise you to get comfortable.'' Akatami said, adding a chuckle. Ryongi smiled. ''What do we need to go to a seal shop for? Was the energy at the portal strong?'' Ryongi said, concerned. Akatami nodded her head.

 ''Yes, and I tried to tell Wieon to get to the car... but she stayed by the gate-'' Akatami said, but Ryongi cut her off. ''She did what?'' Ryongi said, shocked. Akatami shook her head.

 ''So, I'll have to buy seals to conceal our energy. because our energy is most likely damaged.'' Akatami groaned, as she pulled her seat back to get comfortable. Ryongi also got comfortable, noticing how Akatami was as she propped her leg up on the dashboard. ''We may have to stop for food at some point.'' Ryongi said, as his stomach growled. 

Akatami nodded. ''I still feel bad for the girl, and these two we have in our presence right now.'' Ryongi admitted. Akatami didn't have much to say. ''They should be glad I helped them.'' Akatami said, cutting the conversation. She knew not to ever discuss her thoughts in public. She had to learn the hard way. Ryongi nodded. Akatami laid back once again, after steering into another lane.''We are here now.'' Akatami whispered, pulling into a seal shop. Wieon had awoken again, as she looked out of the window Kaede leaned on. Akatami looked around the car, to see if anyone was awake. She spotted Wieon, who's eyes blinked open. 

''What are we doing here?'' Wieon mumbled. Akatami sighed. ''I'm going to have to seal our energy, due to the strong energy at the portal.'' Akatami said. Wieon nodded. ''Okay.'' As her stomach growled for food. Akatami had parked the car right in front of the shop. Wieon had looked through the window, watching Akatami make her way into the store.

 ''Kyoto-Ra Seal Shop.'' Wieon mumbled. The place was nice, but the roads were dirty and old. After a few minutes, Eiko groaned. ''Finally, that woman left the car.'' Eiko groaned. Wieon squeaked. Eiko shifted in her seat, and Wieon blinked her eyes at Eiko who looked harmless. ''Hello dear.'' Eiko mumbled. Wieon hesitated, since Wieon had nearly no respect for how much of a coward she was, since she never stood up for Ayame.

 But Wieon spoke anyways. ''Hello.'' Wieon spoke quietly, her voice was cold and frail. Eiko already knew by the way Wieon talked to her, she did not like her much. But Eiko continued to conversation. ''How are you feeling?'' Eiko questioned, as she stretched her arms across the car. Wieon hesitated once again to reply, but she knew that if her mother was in the car, she would have replied already. ''I'm...'' Wieon said, but she lost her words. Wieon wasn't going to lie right in a heartless womans face. ''What is your story on how you met Ayame?'' Wieon said. Eiko's eyes grew wide, and she seemed to be shocked by the sudden question.

 Eiko wasn't afraid to speak truth to how she felt, so she responded. ''I adopted her... because I need money.'' Eiko whispered. Wieon's eyes grew wide, and suddenly tension filled the car. ''I've been struggling for all these years... and the most I could've done was give her home.'' Eiko admitted, once again. Wieon's expression dropped. She held so much tension in her bones she couldn't move an inch. Wieon nodded.

 ''I love her, I do... but she isn't mines.'' Eiko said, as her voice began to crack with each word. She suddenly stopped talking. Wieon starred at her, as she turned her body towards the window. Akatami was already coming back to the car. ''I understand...'' Wieon whispered. Eiko whispered back, ''I'm sure you do.'' She said, closing her eyes. Akatami finally opened the door, and once he did, Ryongi awoke. ''Argh... Are we at Chumas tacos yet?'' He whispered.