Chapter 25: Family

(Mayson's POV)

Thinking that I am very tired, I returned from the gym and immediately went to bed. As soon as I closed my eyes, someone rang the bell outside the door. I swear I did not feel like getting up even a bit, but the bell had rung two or three times, so I got up to see who it was. As soon as I opened the door, I heard "surprise" and I was stunned.

A lovely couple was standing in front of me and I had no idea how to express my happiness. My eyes filled with tears and without thinking twice I hugged the woman standing in front of me. "Mom" I said.

She started patting my back and said, "aww my baby don't cry."

"Ahem...so you only love your mom huh!" My dad said and I laughed and hugged him to.

It had been almost three years since I had met my parents. All I used to do was phone calls, messages, video calls etc. I had recently spoken to them on the phone, but it felt like ages had passed since I had seen my them face to face.
———————————————————

"What? You go to a psychiatrist and you didn't even bother to tell us!" Mom said.

"Don't worry it's nothing serious. I just wanted to get rid from stress that's all." I said.

“What's the matter, son?” my dad asked as he sat down on the couch. I gestured to my mom so that she doesn't tell my dad anything but...

"Our son is undergoing treatment from a psychiatrist these days."...she spilled the beans.

"Ehh mom! I'm not undergoing any treatment." I said.

"Psychiatrist? Mayson, is everything alright?" Dad asked, getting up from the couch.

"It's nothing big, dad. I just... I was really stressed those days so I went to her and since then we've become... uhh friends, so I just... I go there sometimes... that's all." I said, though I was half lying.

"Her. No problem son. I understand." Dad said smirking.

"Did you hear that Anna? You are getting worried for no reason." My dad said, raising his eyebrows.

"So that's it. Yes, he's an adult now, he can hang out with whoever he wants." My mom said to dad dramatically.

I slapped my forehead and said, "Yahhh... you are exaggerating. It's nothing like that... you guys are just weird sometimes." I said.

"Yeah, we're weird because Eric is already dating someone and he's younger than you. When are you going to grow up?" Mom said and pulled my ear.

"Ouch mom. Wait a minute, what did you say? My younger brother has a girlfriend and no one has even told me till date. So much injustice was done to me." I said wiping invisible tear from my eyes and they laughed.

"By the way, why didn't he come with you guys? He must be having his semester break right now, right?" I asked.

"Now what can I say, only when your brother will get free from his new mischiefs then. By the way, he told us that he may come to meet you till next week." Dad said.

"Then that's good. Why don't we have a get together party next Sunday. By then Eric will also be here and if he wants, he can bring his girlfriend along." I said.

"I think that would be great. You can also invite your friends and have fun with them." Mom said.

"Then it's final. There will be a party next Sunday." Dad said.
———————————————————
(Kyle's POV)

"This idiot is not picking up my phone again." I said.

"Kyleeeee..." I heard a familiar voice and then he hugged me so tightly that I couldn't even breathe.

"Woah woah woah... Mayson, will you kill me? And you did not receive my call again." I said glaring at him.

"Did you call me?" he asked, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"Oho! Sorry. Actually my phone was on silent since yesterday." He said this, showing his teeth like a fool.

"Then change if from silent to shouting mode. Do you have to give the interview or I? Do you even know that you are half an hour late and these media people are getting on my nerves." I said getting angry. Very angry actually.

"Kyle, calm down. Actually, I had some important work, that's why I got late and I also have to talk to you about something very important..." Before he could finish his words I said, "not now. You go and give your interview first. Go go go you are already late."

"Fine fine, come along you are my manager" He said and we went to the hall.
———————————————————

The interview didn't last long. We ended it in about an hour saying we had other schedules and my anger also subsided, so now Mayson and I were chilling in a cafe.

"You were saying that you need to tell something important." I said.

"Yes. Mom and Dad came yesterday morning and my brother will also come next week. And..." He said.

"And?" I asked.

"We are throwing up a party next Sunday so you are cordially invited Mr Kyle Adams." He said and chuckled.

"That's great news. You should spend some time with your family." I said.

"That's what I was doing but you got angry." He said.

"So that's why you came late for the interview because you were busy planning for the party?" I smiled and asked.

He nodded and I said, "To tell you the truth Mayson, sometimes I feel very jealous of you. I wish the word family existed in my life too."

"Kyle, don't say such things brother. Your family will definitely realize their mistakes someday." He said.

"The realisation will come only when they accept their mistakes as a mistake. They are not even bothered by the fact whether their son is alive or dead." I said and Mayson started patting my back and whispering, "Kyle" I understood he wanted to comfort me, but he didn't know how.

I sighed and started speaking, "I was 13 years old when my father left me at my grandmother's house, saying that I was nothing but a burden on his head. My mother also had no problem with this, rather she was happy that she was relieved of her burden. From then on, my grandmother took care of everything but she never considered me a burden, rather she considered me as a piece of her heart. But she had gone too. She was the only one I could call family. Sometimes I feel like I am an orphan." I said and looked at the empty coffee cup in front of me, which was as empty as my life.

" I said and looked at the empty coffee cup in front of me, which was as empty as my life