03 - Mr. Malhotra

Start from the beginning

"I am taking leave for a month and moving to USA, So in my absence I want you to handle the company and look after every matter which basically includes the deal with 'Aghnotri's' too."

I was shocked not by the fact that he is going to USA but because he is taking a leave for a month which is kind of fishy.

"May I ask, why are you taking this leave?" I questioned him.

He stayed silent for a minute and looked in my eyes as if trying hard to say something but instead he replied "I don't wish to answer your question, Sejal".

I wasn't satisfied by his answer and told him "Fine, do whatever you want I don't care".

I came out of his cabin totally annoyed by his behaviour and headed towards my office which was on 17th floor.

I reached and took a seat on my chair.

I asked my secretary to call my father's personal assistant and tell him to meet me within five minutes.

After few minutes, Mr Srinivas who handles all the work of my father arrived in my cabin.

I told him to take a seat, he was almost nervous.

"Tell me honestly, Do you know anything about Mr. Malhotra's sudden plan of moving to USA?" I asked him in a calm tone but my voice had some sort of anger hidden in it.

"Ma'am I really don't know anything about it" he replied nervously.

"If I ever get to know that you were aware about all this then it won't turn out good for you Mr. Srinivas" I warned him and signaled him to leave.

I don't know why but I have no good feeling about all this. Suddenly my father giving me his important deal to handle, unexpectedly him taking a leave and moving to USA without any major reason.

This is so hard to digest.

"Ma'am we have a meeting to attend in two hours" my secretary informed me while checking the schedule.

"But as I remember I had no meeting for today" I told him while remembering all my work for the day.

"This meeting was scheduled for Mr. Malhotra but now it is for you to attend I guess?" he asked me being unsure.

I recalled that how I have extra works to do from now on. "Alright just get me the presentation and other documents reagarding the meeting as I need to look at it once and please tell someone to serve me a 'kadak chai' my body really needs it now to function".

I was exhausted with all the morning stuffs which I faced today. To be honest it's fine that he is taking a leave as I know he works day and night to achieve my grandfather's dream in which he was successful. But my gut feeling tells that he is hiding something from me. I know it should not bother me as I hate him but still my heart holds a little place for him.

No matter what at the end of the day he is my father and I am his daughter, unfortunately no one can change the fact.

"Ma'am here is your Tea" said my secretary while serving me.

"Serve for yourself too Yash, I know you need it as much as I do" I told him with a smile and signaled him to take a seat. "Thank you" he replied me with a smile.

Yash is like a little brother to me, we are working together from past two years. He puts all his efforts in his work which I totally like about him. It is very rare to find such employees these days.