Chapter 2 - The New Apartment

[Word count - 1,019]

Many years later...

Location - Mikuru's Apartment

Your POV

A lot of time has passed since I moved out of the orphanage and into my aunt's house. I never pictured myself living with anyone other than my mom and dad, but it is what it is, I suppose. It's definitely a lot better than being at the orphanage.

I am now in my third-year of high school, and I start to think about my future a bit more seriously. Do I want to go to university, or do I want to do something different? I got some time to think about it, but I don't want to wait too long.

It was the start of the weekend, and my aunt was getting ready to go to work, leaving me alone in the apartment. She has always been cautious about it, but no matter how many times she freaks out, I would always ensure that everything would be okay.

"So, you sure you're going to be okay?" My aunt asked while trying to get ready.

"Yeah, I promise I'll be okay." I told her.

"That's good to know." She said. "I know you're just starting out a third-year high school student, so I should have a little more faith in you."

She sighs deeply.

"But if I leave you alone again, I feel like something bad will happen to you." She said.

My aunt Mikuru has always been the worrying type. She feels like something bad would happen to me if I was left alone for even five minutes. No matter how many times she does this, I will keep trying to prove to her that I'm not a little kid anymore.

"Mikuru-san, please trust me when I say that I am going to be okay." I said.

"You promise?"

"Yeah, I promise."

Mikuru takes a deep breath and hugs me tightly. I hugged her back with a smile.

"Okay, I trust you." She said.

She starts to make her way to the door.

"But if something goes wrong, give me a call, and I'll come home. Okay?"

"Okay, I will."

Mikuru understood as she puts her heels on. Afterwards, she was out of the apartment, and I was home alone.
_____________________________________________

A few hours later...