Chapter 1 - Start of A New Life

[Word count - 583]

A few weeks later...

Location - The orphanage

Your POV

After losing everything, I was sent to the orphanage, and I was told that I can be there for a few years. Thankfully it wasn't forever. My aunt, who's going to graduate from high school soon, was going to have full custody over me. But she has a habit of being busy, though, so was it really the best idea? I don't know when that moment is going to come, so for the time being, I am stuck here in the orphanage. 

As for the orphanage itself, it's not bad, but after everything that happened, I rather be left alone. I would always sit in a corner and watch the other kids play and interact with each other. Some of them would have the courage to walk over to me and ask me if I want to play with them. 

"Hey, do you feel like playing with me?" One of the kids asked as they held a toy car in their hands.

However, I looked away from them, as a sign that I just wanted to be alone for the time being. The kid understood and walked away, but little did I know, it would be the last time I get to see them or anyone else. 

"(Y/N)-kun! Can you come over here please?" 

The voice belonged to the owner of the orphanage. I got up from the corner, and I headed over to where she was. As I did, I saw someone I didn't expect to see... 

"Mikuru-san!" I said as I rushed over to give her a hug

She hugged me back. This is the aunt I was talking about earlier, the one who works all the time. It is nice to know that she's ready for me to come home with her, but I still don't know about this. 

"Hey buddy, ready to go?" She asked. 

"Yeah, I am!" I replied. 

Mikuru helped me bring all of my stuff to her van that was parked by the front door. Once it was loaded and ready to go, she helped me get inside it. I looked out the window and saw the sad faces of all of the other kids. They probably didn't want me to leave because I am no longer going to be living with them. But it is what it is, and who knows, maybe I'll see them again in the future when we're older. 

Mikuru started up the van, and she drove away from the orphanage. As we were heading her apartment, she looked towards me. 

"Sorry you had to spend a few weeks in there." She said. 

I let out a sigh. 

"It's okay. At least I'll have someone to take care of me, right?" I asked.

"Of course!" She smiled. "Don't worry, I spoke to my boss about alternating my work schedule. That way, I can spend some time taking care of you."

"Well, that's good to know."

As of now, I am no longer going to be staying in the orphanage. The start of my new life has officially begun. 

To be continued

A/N: I haven't touched this book since 2022, good lord. But hey, it's back, and I am going to be on top of it, too.
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it and I'll see you in the next one. :)

Keep an eye on for another update coming soon.