Preparations

Chapter 32!

Preparations 

1st of May 2023- The Los Angeles Ministry 

Writer's Note: I forgot to include the baseball event, I need to go back and write a chapter about that at some point. Also the chapter where Mr Saltarian was wheeling caskets around the Ministry, there's so much to cover yet!

I'll slot them between my already updated chapters.

******************************

The hallways of the Los Angeles Ministry were silent for once, it was odd for a Monday morning. The employees were busy in their different departments, the sound of the odd fax machine and ringing of telephones disturbed the peace of this unholy place. The Clergy were busy arranging the final leg of the worldwide tour, it would beginning in twenty days time.

The pinging of the elevator disturbed the silent of the fourth floor, the sound of footsteps echoing down the hallway were soon heard. Copia and Albany walked together side by side down the hallway, they had a meeting with Sister Imperator in ten minutes. It had been arranged early this morning before the working day had even began, they both had no idea what it was about until they spoke with their superior. 

They kept on walking until the reached Sister's office,  they were a little early. Copia knocked on the door before he opened it wide, his gaze searched the office for his superior. He said his motherly figure's name more than once, but there was no answer. Sister was nowhere to be seen, he guessed that she must have nipped out for something. Copia motioned for his lover to go first, she thanked him and entered the room. Albany looked around the office, it was bright and airy. The curtains were drawn back and the window to the room was open wide, they could hear passing vehicles from outside. Her gaze continued to wander, she soon spoke with her lover.

" I wonder where Sister is right now?" She asked.

" I don't know, but she will be back very soon." He said while he touched the small of his lover's back. " Let's take a seat and wait, yes?"

" Okay." She nodded.

Copia guided Albany forward towards the big oak desk, there was pile of folders and a steaming cup of coffee on it's sauce. It seemed liked Sister hadn't been gone for too long since her beverage was still hot. Copia pulled a chair out for his lover and made sure she was seated first before himself, they then sat in silence. Albany clipped her pen onto her notepad, she continued to let her gaze explore her surroundings. She soon spotted a photo frame on the desk, she took it from the desktop and looked at it. She was surprised to see a photograph of Copia dressed in the baseball gear, it was from the ceremonial first pitch for the White Sox that was aired in October 2022. A smile graced her features while she placed it back on the desk. She remembered how nervous Copia had been that day, but he had done Sister and the Clergy proud. Copia's voice caught her attention, his speaking was laced with embarrassment.

" I can't believe Sister put that photo on her desk!" He said.

" I think it's nice, the baseball uniform suits you." She said.

" I still have it in my closet if you want a quick baseball game later." He said, he leaned closer towards his lover's chair. " I feel a home run coming on. You can be the pitcher this time, I dont mind you manhandling my baseball."

" I guess I better find a baseball glove for my catcher then." She smiled and fixed the collar on his tracksuit. " I want a friendly game. No foul play, just plenty of home runs."

" Oh baby..." He purred.

A surprised giggle escaped Albany's lips when she heard him growl and bark, she hadn't expected him to bark at her after their conversation had become suddenly flirtatious. Copia immediately took her hand in his own, he playful kissed and nibbled the side of her thumb. He trailed kisses down her wrist and along her arm, his lips soon found her own. Sharing a single kiss Copia seductive ran his finger tips back down his lover's arm, he tenderly kissed her hand before he sat up straight in his chair. Albany's gaze returned to her notepad, her voice was soon heard when the chimes of the mantelpiece clock finished chiming.