Chapter 21: Fallen

I sat in Dr. Suting's car reluctantly, feeling a twinge of discomfort at the thought of being alone with him. As he drove, I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air.

Glancing towards him, I noticed that he was humming happily to himself, a wide smile plastered across his face. It was unsettling to see him so cheerful after everything that had transpired.

"Why do you look so happy?" I asked, unable to hide the curiosity in my voice.

His smile widened even further, and he briefly turned to look at me before replying, "It's because I was finally able to spend time with you after so long. I'm thrilled."

I didn't know how to respond to that. His words sent a chill down my spine, and I couldn't shake the feeling of foreboding that washed over me.

Finally, the car came to a stop as we reached my home. As I stepped out of the car, Dr. Suting turned to me with a hopeful expression.

"Y/n, will you attend my tea party next time? It's lonely to have a party by myself and my dolls," he said eagerly, his eyes pleading for my agreement.

"I'll see," I replied tersely, not wanting to commit to anything. With a forced smile, I turned and walked towards the door, leaving Dr. Suting behind.

As I entered the house, I was greeted by Yori, his smile masking an undercurrent of annoyance. It was clear that he was not pleased with my decision to accept a ride from Dr. Suting.

"Welcome back, Miss Y/n," Yori said, his tone tinged with passive-aggression. His smile didn't quite reach his eyes, and I could sense the tension in the air.

I sighed, feeling a wave of frustration wash over me. Why did it always seem like the men in my life were so complicated?

I offered a small smile to Yori as I passed by him, making my way to my room. Once inside, I settled down at my desk to study. As I sorted throuh my study materials, my eyes fell upon my diary. Ah, I remember now – I had written something in it the other day to ensure I wouldn't forget. I should also jot down what I had learned today.

Opening the diary, I was surprised to find that several more pages had been filled, detailing events that I had no recollection of writing about.

"Today, Luka finally emerged from his room, and we attended classes together. However, during a joint class, he suddenly collapsed to the floor. At first, I thought he had simply fainted, as he always seemed fragile. But when I went to check on him, he began screaming and laughing hysterically. He even attempted to strangle me, and it took the intervention of my classmates to restrain him. The principal, our psychiatrist, and Dr. Suting were called to investigate. The psychiatrist ran some tests, but everything appeared normal. Dr. Suting advised me to forget about the incident, suggesting that something was wrong with Luka and we shouldn't interfere."

Reading through the entry, I felt a chill run down my spine. None of this sounded familiar to me. I didn't recall any such incident occurring – in fact, last week's classes had been rather uneventful. Yet here it was, in my own handwriting, detailing events that I had no memory of.

"What?" I muttered aloud, feeling a sense of confusion and unease settle over me. How could I have written about something that I couldn't remember experiencing? It didn't make sense.

I closed the diary, setting it aside as I tried to make sense of the situation. Was it possible that I had experienced some sort of blackout or memory lapse? But that didn't explain why the events described in the diary seemed so out of place and unfamiliar.

As I sat at my desk, grappling with the unsettling revelations from my diary, doubts began to creep into my mind. It was difficult to believe that Luka would ever do something like attempt to strangle me, and yet the words written in my own handwriting painted a disturbing picture.