Short Story: Game Script

Colors and their Meaning:

[Gameplay] This color will refer to what the player is doing.

[Sound] What you hear!

[Timed Decision] Won't affect you if you miss the opportunity.

(Jumpscare Convo) If you turn around.

("Standard" Jumpscare) Just a Jumpscare.

(Checkpoint) If you die, you start from the most recent checkpoint.

Please Note: V.O. With Scary Voice Samaj can hear him.

_________________________________________________________

Quote: "Listen to your parents!"

FADE IN:

EXT. PATH ENTRANCE - AFTERNOON

Music starts —- [Track #1]

SAMAJ (21), a Biracial Male with short Black Hair wearing Black Skinny Jeans, Blue & White Shoes, and a Blue Collar Shirt is standing by the Path entrance.

Music ends —- [Track #1]

SAMAJ (wheezing): I need to hurry home, it's getting late!

Samaj pulls out his backpack and looks for his inhaler.

SAMAJ (panic looking through backpack): Inhaler, Inhaler, Inhaler, where are you! (V.O.) As if my inhaler is going to talk to me...

He realizes he did not bring it.

SAMAJ: I didn't bring my inhaler! (wheezing) Damn, not again!

He looks up at the Path Entrance Sign.

Music starts —- [Track #2]

Sign Reads Ahead: "Wyllow's Path"

SAMAJ: My Mom told me never to take this path. I can hear her now.

MOM (V.O.): You better not take this path home ever! Too many young people go missing. If I ever find out you went on this path if you aren't dead, you sure will want to be.

SAMAJ (wheezing): I always wondered, how would she know if I went on the path or not? Does something happen to young people once they come out of it... Wait, if they come out of it? No, no, no, I can't think about it like this.

He takes a deep breath.

Inhale

Exhale

Music ends —- [Track #2]

He paces back and forth.

SAMAJ (wheezing):  Sorry Mom, but this is the fastest way home and I don't want to die. I know I am older now and it's my choice to walk here or not. I just need to hurry home! Mom will understand, right? (scratch head) But do I do it? That's the thing. This does look like a path that would be in a horror film. You know what, I am doing it, UOLO. I swear I am a fool for coming up with sayings, U Only Live Once. (wheezing) Dammit, I need to stop talking so much, I am not trying to have an Asthma attack and wake up in the hospital or at worst die.

Samaj walks past the Gate and comes to an abrupt stop.

COMPANY INTRO: DEV Entertainment Presents

EXT. "WYLLOW'S PATH" - AFTERNOON

SAMAJ (wheezing): Do I really want to do this? I have to do this. This is the only way.

He continues walking.

SAMAJ (looks around): This place looks different. Is this the same path? Well, it has the same name, right? Wait, yeah this has to be the path!

Fog starts rolling in.