Juan soto - reach the sunshine

"So a double, a triple, a walk, and a home run, big game for you tonight Soto" she says with a bright smile as she holds a mic between them. "What do you have to say for tonight's game?"

He steps closer to her, his fingers brushing against her arm sneakily as he sneaked glances at her. "Pues I think today's game is just me keeping up with what I have promised for the team." His tone lowering as he stares at her. It was hard to act like they weren't sneaking around. His mind running to before the game when he had said something to make her laugh, god what he would do to bring them back to that moment.

"And judge, talking about you so highly. Calling you the man of the year. What do you have to say to that."  Her eyes slowly go up to him, teasing him as she smiles softly. She was excited, inside her stomach was butterflies that were dancing around at each stolen glance.

She was replaying their morning car ride together. Holding hands as they got coffee at a little hole in the wall. The whisperings of sweet nothings, people could say their blossoming love was a she fell first but he fell harder.

Earlier that year

"We would love if you could do like a little series with Soto, him getting adjusted to the Bronx. Take him to some of the team hang out spots. Get everyone excited." the head of the media marketing department spoke. A smile on his face as everyone was excited by the idea of Juan Soto joining the Yankees. "You made everyone fall in love with volpe with the documentary we did on him, so we think you'd be perfect for Soto."

She didn't mind because well one it was her job. And she also just loved to be apart of any new Yankee projects. "Sure I would love to."
And so she left to get prepared to work on a new video series with him.

"Hello, I'll be in charge of this video series we are doing, it's just a fun thing the media department wants to do. You getting to know the team and learn about everything." It was this moment, the moment they shook hands did that enclosed their future. The moment they smiled at each other and embraced this little video series journey. They had enclosed their love.

"I was thinking about spending the first episode taking you to the spots the guys usually go to." She says scratching her chin looking down at her papers trying to think about how she wanted to do this.

This led to countless nights together. Moments like this.

"Oh my Josh, Soto I swear just look at the camera when I ask you questions."

"But I want to look at you- wait no what are you doing."

"Moving the camera in front of me so you can look at it."

"Soto..."

"Si.."

"Can you stop lowering your body to look at me..."

"No."

"I'm going to tell them you don't listen to me and get you assigned to someone else." Her tone mocking seriousness.

"Okay wait I'm sorry" quickly sitting up straight.

They were like teenagers experiencing love for the first time. But that's what it felt like to them. Their first true love. They decided to keep it away from the public but a few players knew about it because they couldn't really keep their hands to themselves.

Present

"Well, judge is a wise man, I'll say that." He says with a smile as the camera man turns away in order to move it the next player. Before she could leave his hand lays on her hip. Taking her in as she glanced around the clubhouse. Deciding it was safe she leans up and places a kiss to his jaw.

"I need to go interview volpe, but after that meet me outside. I want to show you a place here in the city." Soto knows better than to question her, and just nods at her like the whipped boy he was.

Even though they were sneaking around, everyone knew they liked each other. Well more importantly everyone knew they where each others. There was no if, or buts. They knew they were going to be forever.

After she got finished interviewing the players she needed she ran into her best friend. Giancarlo, it was a weird friendship. Starting because he hated her actually, she had asked an insensitive question when she first started working here. But after she had managed to make it up to him. "Hey, Carlo I'm heading out with Juan. Great job today!"

"Oh, heading out with lover boy are we"

"Oh sush, you wish you had someone like him."

"You forget I'm married weirdo"

"Yeah and your wife loves to be with me more then you" she says sticking out her tongue and she runs off to Soto who is wearing a long coat for the weather. Holding hers up to her as he puts it around her shoulders.

"Hey baby what are we doing tonight?"

"Well tomorrow is an off day? So I was thinking we can spend the night somewhere and watch the sunrise. I have blankets and everything ready above the spot."

Juan looked at her admiringly and took her hands into his. "Anything you want I will do." He lets go of his hand, and wraps it around her pulling her into him as they walk off into the lit city of New York.

-

I had this one ready for a moment, I hope you enjoyed!

I also steer away from saying y/n bc I don't like the look of it. But I also don't want to use names bc I'd like ppl to yk imagine :p. Anyway I think this might be my favorite along with another one I have coming.