CHAPTER 20: HASTE

Start from the beginning

''I guess I'll stay out here.'' Hajisamasu says, seeming eager. Akatami nods her head once again, walking down the dirt path as Hajisamasu watches in the cold and suffocating car. ''Are you ready?'' Kaede says to Wieon who still seems scared. Wieon nods her head.

 ''A bit.'' She says, adding a chuckle. ''What grade level are you Akatami?'' Kaede says, as they walk down the dim hall leading to Kaede's and Ayame's dorm. ''Ayame?'' Wieon says. Ayame doesn't respond, she too quiet and who knows where her mind has been this entire time. ''I'm a grade 8 Kesongensu.'' Akatami says.

 ''Really?'' Ayame says, once she speaks, her voice is low and cold. ''Yup, I've been training her ever since I was your age, almost.'' Akatami says as they continue to walk down the dim hall. ''What about you Wieon?'' Kaede questions. ''I'm a Tsukireg.'' Wieon says. Kaede's eyes widen, ''How did you become a Tsukireg?'' Kaede says, a bit shocked.

 Wieon smiles, ''Mom taught me.'' Wieon says. Ayame looks at Wieon. ''I'm a Chimesu still.'' Ayame says, her voice gentle. Akatami's eyes widen, ''So you guys haven't been here for long?'' Akatami says. Kaede nods her head gently. ''The day I was supposed to become a Sakasuse, they found out about Ayame.'' Kaede said, her voice soft and her eyes watered a bit. Ayame felt regret, deep regret. Ayame knew that if she wasn't there, then Kaede would have already become at least an Shiohumi at this point.

 Akatami walked besides Ayame, and Kaede and Wieon walked besides each other in front of them. ''I will teach both of you because I thought you're both been here longer than that.'' Akatami said, clenching her teeth together. ''No wonder you couldn't fight against the Cylon's...'' Wieon said with a chuckle. Ayame smiled, ''Yeah...'' Ayame said, agreeing. ''We are here.'' Kaede said, opening the door to the dorm. ''You still have that key card?'' Ayame says.

 ''Yup.'' Kaede says, nodding with a big grin. ''Let's go inside, quickly.'' Akatami says, rushing into the dorm first. Wieon came inside next, powering the lights on. Kaede closed the door, as Ayame decided to sit on the bed. ''So, what is the plan again?'' Akatami questions, walking around the room. ''Looks so familiar.'' Akatami says underneath her breath. 

Wieon nods. ''The first thing we need to do is save our mom, and I hope she's here.'' Kaede's eye dilate. ''What if she isn't?'' Ayame says. Kaede does not smile. ''It isn't funny Ayame.'' Kaede says. ''She isn't smiling?'' Wieon says, in defense of Ayame.

 ''We'll have to search the academy head to toe, room to room and floor to floor.'' Akatami says, clenching her teeth together tightly. ''Do you think the guards still actively search this room?'' Ayame says. ''No, they don't.'' Akatami says. ''Especially if Kaede is still aloud to be a part of the academy.'' Akatami finishes. Kaede nods, eyeing Ayame down.

 ''Well, what will we do when we find her?'' Kaede says. ''We'll bring her somewhere safe.'' Akatami says, but Ayame cuts her off. ''Then we will go to Minato.'' Ayame says, standing herself up and stretching. Akatami nods, ''But for what reason? The Cylon's are invading heavily in that city?'' Akatami questions. ''We have to convince Minato that Cylons and lost souls are equal.'' Ayame says, with a small smile. Kaede looks at Ayame in shock.

 Kaede rushes up, ''What?'' Kaede says, outraged. ''That is what you're going to take the rest of your time doing?'' Kaede says in shock. Ayame looks at her, emotionless. ''She must do it.'' Hajisamasu says, rushing through the door and slamming it shut. ''Good thing you left it unlocked.'' Hajisamasu said, sweating and panting. ''WHY WOULD SHE HAVE TO DO THAT? She only has five days left.'' Kaede says, with watery eyes. Hajisamasu smiles, ''That is her mission.'' Hajisamasu says, with an eager and untamed voice. 

''And once she does this, all of China will be set free from the curse.'' Hajisamasu says, clenching her hands together tightly. ''Whose business is you working with?'' Akatami yells, jumping up quickly off of the small bench. ''Listen woman, that's not of your business.'' Hajisamasu says, as her eyes become red, and her iris becomes a thick black saucer. ''God.'' Akatami says, pasting back and forth across the room. Kaede opens the door, rushing out of the dorm room.