"I'm not a kidnapper!"

"Y/n, who's at the door!" The woman inside shouted, her footsteps as she went down the stairs sounding louder than her voice.

"Some mailman kidnapper!" You responded, hearing the old man let out a long audible sigh.

"Mailman?" She reached the door, her short white hair tied in a ponytail, still wearing her painting apron dirty of different colors she was using when doing her art, watching you turn with a serious scowl on your face and crossed arms to the guy at the door and taking a glance at who. "Oh hey, Uncle Rey!"

"When you said you now have twins I was not expecting the daughter to be a copy of Hiroshi," he joked, chuckling as the woman stepped forward and gave him a warm hug, ignoring you standing in the middle confused.

"You know my dad?"

"Who doesn't know your dad?" The man said, teasingly tapping the woman on her shoulder. "He was pretty famous around here when he and Akari were teenagers."

"Can you not?" Your mom complained, face flushing when meeting the man's gaze.

"Where is he, for the record?" He asked.

"Grocery shopping, he'll be back in a minute. Come on in!" She said, pushing you off the way and inviting him in.

"So you're not a kidnapper?" You looked back at the man, examining his every step suspiciously.

"No, he's not," your mom replied. "He's my friend."

"Mom, you call him uncle..."

"You're a funny little one," the Rey man chuckled, glancing at the woman beside him rubbing her temple, not planning to answer you either way. "Your name's Y/n, right?"

"Apparently."

"Did anyone ever tell you that you act exactly like your dad used to act when he was your age?" He leaned, his hand slowly lifted to rest on your dark short waves.

"No. You're the only one I met who's that ancient."

"Y/n!" The woman called, observing how the man laughed and bore with your joke and still patted you on the head.

"I feel like we're gonna get along very well me and you, kiddo," he smiled, standing straight.

"Nah. I doubt it, Reyyo," you shrugged, putting your hands in your pajama pockets.

"It's Rey."

"I'm still gonna call you Reyyo."

***

5 Missed calls from "Reyyo <3"

Reyyo <3: You're home?
Reyyo <3: I came by and you didn't open the door.
Reyyo <3: Everything's alright?

You: Sorry for not picking up your calls.
You: Yep. Everything good!
You: I'm staying at my friend's house for the weekend.
You: Love ya!

Putting the phone down, ignoring all the missed text messages and calls, you weakly walked to the metal bowl near the living room, where the black animal somehow shined in the darkness of the house.

You poured the Kibble into it, your loosened messy hair falling on your face as you leaned, not bothering as much as it used to. You could see the cat looking back at you, meowing loudly as if asking how you were doing, but still, it sounded muffled in the middle of the chaos in your head.