My Dear Artist - Oscar Piastri

Start from the beginning

"oh my... sweetheart this is incredible... why haven't I seen this before?" He asked, you placed your hands in his arms. "everytime I get more and more surprised about your talent..." He kept turning pages.

"there's a lot more." You said pressing your chin against his shoulder.

"are there really?" He asked with a hint of excitement in his voice, you nodded.

"I've been drawing you since our third hangout... more clear about you after our first date and I just can't stop." You said going to look for the rest. "I haven't done a painting yet." You mentioned looking for the dates on the cover of your sketchbooks, you considered art being part of your job, you got commissions for canvas' so you had to paint a lot of canvas' for people.

"wait if I asked you to paint one of us?" He asked still fixated in the drawings.

"why?" You chuckled, you grabbed the three sketchbooks you had in the box and pulled on his jeans to make him sit down in the floor.

"because... I'd love to have a painting of us in our house." He said as he sat down in front of you.

"ours?" You asked with a soft smile in your face, he nodded with his eyes set in the pages. "here." You placed the books in his lap, his gaze was soft as he analyzed every single bit in the pages. "where would you put the painting?" You asked going back to what he had proposed.

"in the living room, of course." He answered quickly.

"I can try." You said, he smiled widely keeping his eyes focused on the details that you worked on, he felt incredibly amazed and proud by your work, it was surprising him more every single second he spent focusing on the small bits of your art.

Even though it was kind of embarrassing for you that he had found those things, it was still very sweet how proud he seemed while staring at your art, you hadn't seen such pride coming from someone you loved while staring at your artwork in a while and it was refreshing as well as endearing to see. He always wished to see life through your eyes and getting to see your art and your paintings felt like a guide on how you did see the world but through your art, it was very important to you and it was something you enjoyed the most during your day, to grab the canvas, your paints and your brushes and set up to paint for who knows how long you could be sitting or standing there getting the painting done, he never got the pleasure to see you actually work on one of your paintings but he had seen you draw during the time you spent together, whenever there was a silent moment or a quiet and calm moment for you to grab your sketchbook he would always stare at your hands and most importantly at your face full of concentration as you tried to get the most small detail that your brain had very straight forward waiting to be performed by your hands as they tried to keep up with the creativity. He took you to multiple museums through the world whenever there was a race weekend that luckily you could attend, he took you everywhere that he knew you would like in a new city, you had always told him that you never travelled anywhere outside of the country but there was so many places you dreamed of visiting and he made those dreams come true, whenever there was the chance, he would surprise you with a trip to somewhere you had mentioned and that he had made a mental note to remind himself whenever you were visiting him or he would buy you a ticket especially to take you somewhere, he made you feel very pampered with his surprises and with his extravagant outings to the places you wanted to visit but most especially with the fact that he remembered which places and why those.

After a couple months of setting into the house, during spring break, you decided to get on to the request Oscar had made, so you bought a brand new canvas and started setting it in the office that Oscar deliberately had chosen to be yours so you can store everything, you placed the perfect sized canvas a placed it in the middle of the stand, you had chosen the perfect picture so as you had the picture beside you, you traced the silhouette of the both of you before starting to draw in the details of the faces right after preparing the canvas to be painted in. Once you started painting the base colors into the canvas Oscar had been looking for you silently through the house after waking up from a small nap he decided to take while you set up to paint, he opened the door completely as you had left it slightly open just to muffle some of the noise you would be making in the room to not wake him up.