The Present 1

(TW Mention of Alcohol and Coercion)

I woke up in my bed surrounded by a lot of noodle cups, my phone constantly ringing with a pounding headache. I opened my phone. I saw a thousand photos. I just realised where I am.

I am in University.

I sat up and looked around my dorm feeling the urge to vomit in the bathroom in that instant. I did actually I brushed my teeth, took a shower and changed my clothes.

I was walking to the university with the worst headache of all time and was fighting the urge not to fall.

After tonight I'm never EVER drinking again. I still remember that's what got me into prison in the first place. I was walking and I felt someone about to go up behind me so I moved out the way.

"Y/N YOURE SUCH A MEANIE!" It was my so called "friend" Maiyra. She made me drink with her when I told her I was trying to quit and she dragged me to that dam party.

"Don't touch me. You know what you did. I'm never following you again." Here comes the gaslighting in three, two, one....

"Well you enjoyed the party anyways, although I did kinda trick in the car thinking I was gonna take you home and took you there, but you still enjoyed yourself and I'm not apologetic for that." What? WHAT?! IS SHE ACTUALLY BEING FOR REAL? THESE WORDS ARE ACTUALLY SPEWING OUT OF HER MOUTH?! WHY DID'NT I DROP HER?!

I realised she was my only friend. She was the only person I had to call a friend. She knew that. She knew I couldn't escape her because I was dependent on her.

NOT ANYMORE. I realised I can try to depend on myself. I am in no need of toxicity especially her.

"I am no longer interested in being friends with you. You knew exactly what you did and I'll never be peer pressured again." I walked away from her and walked to my class ready to finally learn in my first year instead of partying.

Maiyra went strutting up to her boyfriend at the fact that I stopped being friends with her based on the fact I unfriended her on the spot.

He ugly ass decided to walk up to me and confront me.

"Is ur true you called my girlfriend a gaslighter indire-" I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I ended off the sentence.

"Yes I did because she is one and no one admits it as they're scared of you and her dad being a higher power here. So albeit if I get removed from the school I could report for discriminatory removal from the school." He was just left in awe after talking to me as he just felt dumbfounded of my sudden boldness.

It even left me wondering to myself, why did I even allow them to treat me the way I was treated. Now this sudden boost of confidence decided to engulf me. It wasn't to high that it made me arrogant just aware.

I saw the boyfriend looked so pissed off. But I knew he started calling some people. Now I'm curious as to what might happen next since I had never stood up for myself prior to then.

The next night (October 31st)

I would've been out partying at this time if I was my old self but I decided to study even more to improve my already failing grades. I knew I had potential I just didn't have the will.

Even I saw the date fully. This would've been around the time I went into that crash that landed me in prison. So glad I avoided that.

Although I was hyper focused I could still hear the surroundings around me. Strangely, I could hear the sound of someone picking a lock.

IT WAS MY DOOR. I turned around to see my door fly open. He looked familiar. But the figure kept walking up to me. I picked up my phone torch and shone it in his eyes and kicked him down.

I heard a knife drop. THIS GUY WAS TRYING TO KILL ME?!

As I still put the light in his face, his other hand was used frantically to try and find the knife he dropped which I picked up with my sleeve to not get prints on the knife and he tried to lunge at me but I accidentally stabbed him in the shoulder.

I'm glad there was no one else in their dorm rooms because of the hellish scream that he let loose from his vocal cords. I was panicking frantically as I needed to call the ambulance but I wasn't sure on how to because I accidentally stabbed him. I could still see him writhing in pain screaming.

I NEED TO CALL GHE AMBULANCE FAST.

"911 what's your emergency?" The I felt a somewhat familiar feeling.

"Hello?"

"MY FRIEND GOT STABBED AND THE PERPETRATOR RAN AWAY LEAVING HIM PLEASE COME HELP HIM QUICK!" I hope they believe this.

"OK WHATS THE ADDRESS?"

"******* at ***** street."

"ALRIGHT WE WILL BE THERE."

In no less than 5 minutes a siren was infront of my apartment and broke down my door and pulled him on to a stretcher without any questions.

I was confused why they didn't arrest me. Wait. Could they even see me there?

"Does anyone see anyone the caller who reported this?" They looked around to find me when I was right infront of them?

WHATS GOING ON?

The blue window popped up infront of me.

"We don't want you getting back your past memories do you? That's why we changed the scenario a bit to prevent that."

Past memories? What is it on about- WAIT LET ME TRY AND STOP BEING INVISIBLE I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE!

I tired every single way to become visible to them but all my attempts failed.

But conveniently enough, when every paramedic left the room the phone of the guy started ringing. I became visible again and picked it up.

I could hear loud rave music in the background with a loud voice coming from the other side of the phone.

"HAVE YOU FINISHED THREATENING HER?! I WANT TO HEAR HER SCREAM!" Such sadistic behaviour. 

"I don't think you will be hearing me loose my dignity to screaming for help anytime soon." I could hear his heart drop in a change of tone.