Chapter Twelve

*Theodore Nott POV*

The rest of breakfast was uncomfortable as Emma returned in an angry and sorrowful mood. Luckily the Riddle twins did not return which lessened the awkwardness of everything. Still, I needed to talk with the rest of our group about what Tom, Mattheo, and I spoke about on our first night here. If getting the dark mark would keep Emma safe from that no-good bastard Voldemort, then I would gladly get it to protect her.

I walked down the corridor with Pansy as we had most of our classes together. She looked up at me with a confused look.

"Is everything okay, Theo?" She asked stopping in her tracks. I sigh and shake my head.

"I need to talk to everything without Emma in the room. Can you gather everyone during our break?" I asked knowing the conversation would be heavy. Pansy picked up on the severity in my voice and nodded her head.

"Do you want Mattheo and Tom there too?" She asked in a whisper.

"No. Just our main group." She nods again and we may our way to our first class, Potions with Snape.

--------------Time Skip----------------

I walked down the corridor with Blaise by my side. We were making our way to my dorm where Pansy, Draco, and Enzo agreed to meet us during our one hour break. Luckily Emma always used this time to go off to her special place that I now know it the room of requirements. The two of us walked in to see Pansy and Draco sitting on mine and Emma's desk chairs while Enzo sat on the edge of Emma's bed. The room was quiet, and you could tell a heavy conversation was about to be had.

"Why did you call us here, Theo?" Enzo asked standing up from the bed. I closed the door and waved my wand while saying the silencing spell. This caused everyone eyes to open wide.

"Must be very serious if you're using that spell, mate." Blaise commented while sitting on my bed while Enzo sat back down on Emma's. I sigh and look at everyone in the room. I didn't want to have this conversation, but it needed to happen if I was to keep Emma safe.

"Let me get straight to the point. Voldemort wants everyone in this room to get the dark mark." Everyone froze at my words. I saw Draco rub his arm in an uncomfortable way.

"Why us?" Pansy asked both angry and confused.

"To keep Emma from getting it." I say slowly so it can sink in. "Voldemort has promised his sons that as long as we get the dark mark, he will not touch Emma while continuing to keep her safe from his followers."

"And all he wants is our loyalty?" Enzo asked furrowing his brows. I nod my head. Everyone looks around the room at each other. Hidden conversations were being had while nothing was being said. Everyone knew what had to happen to keep my sister safe.

"When do we get it?" Blaise spoke first.

"I have to talk to the twins, but sooner would be better as it keeps my sister safe." I tell them walking over to my desk. I quickly write a small note telling Tom we all agreed to get the mark while asking what time we should meet up. I sent the note with magic knowing Tom would be able to communicate with his father better than we could.

"Now what?" Draco asked in a hushed tone.

"Now we wait for further instructions." I tell them before undoing the spell and walking out of my room.

------------------------------

*Emma Nott POV* *During their break from classes*

I walked around the corridor trying to find my group of friends. They had been acting weird since what happened during breakfast. I knew I needed to explain what happened and I was ready to give more information about some of the secrets I had been hiding. I walked into the Slytherin common room and say Theo and Blaise walk up the stairs to our room.